Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have to disagree with the article being useless. I gathered from it that if I add lighted nocks I MIGHT need to make a scope adjustment. That makes total sense. My Xbow is sighted in very well and I'm drilling the bullseye at 65 yards.
I shoot with the same grain field tip as I do broadhead.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I have to disagree with the article being useless. I gathered from it that if I add lighted nocks I MIGHT need to make a scope adjustment. That makes total sense. My Xbow is sighted in very well and I'm drilling the bullseye at 65 yards.
Is that with broadheads or field points??

I use Firenock lighted nocks and there's less than an inch difference in POI vs POA at 40 yds when I use my regular non-lighted Firenock J nock.

This less than an inch difference means absolutely nothing...

·
Banned
103 Posts
It's basically common sense. Added weight would always require to re-sight in. If you go from 100 grains to 125 broadheads wouldn't you re-sight in your bow?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
It's basically common sense. Added weight would always require to re-sight in. If you go from 100 grains to 125 broadheads wouldn't you re-sight in your bow?

It may need resighted but not necessarily. I can substitute a 125gr Swhacker over a 100gr Spitfire on the same arrow and they hit almost same spot..

I think since the two heads are close to the same length it doesnt cause near as many problems due to the FOC being really close...

Now trying that with a much shorter head would cause a skewd FOC causing a accuracy problem between the two

I may be totally "full of duck mud" with my reasoning but I simply telling what I've observed...

·
Banned
103 Posts
It may need resighted but not necessarily. I can substitute a 125gr Swhacker over a 100gr Spitfire on the same arrow and they hit almost same spot..

I think since the two heads are close to the same length it doesnt cause near as many problems due to the FOC being really close...

Now trying that with a much shorter head would cause a skewd FOC causing a accuracy problem between the two

I may be totally "full of duck mud" with my reasoning but I simply telling what I've observed...
Maybe at 20 yds but longer no way...

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Actually even closer ranges you are not hitting the same spot with different weights. What you think is close is technically not accurately good enough

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Extended ranges 40+ it's mathematically impossible for an arrow of different weights to hit the same target spot. Basic physics.

40 plus. I didnt shoot it 40 plus, I shot it to 30. If you'll re-read, I said almost, not same spot, but it was close enough to not cause me to re-sight..

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant...

·
Banned
103 Posts
40 plus. I didnt shoot it 40 plus, I shot it to 30. If you'll re-read, I said almost, not same spot, but it was close enough to not cause me to re-sight..

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant...
Not saying I don't believe you. If you consider close enough good so be it. Lol

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Not saying I don't believe you. If you consider close enough good so be it. Lol

Certainly I want better, and I do have better accuracy, but for you or anyone else to say it takes or believes it takes same hole accuracy to kill a deer is pure fallacy..

Inch to inch and half either high/low of any aimpoint means nothing in the vitals of a deer at 30. LOL

·
Banned
103 Posts
Certainly I want better, and I do have better accuracy, but for you or anyone else to say it takes or believes it takes same hole accuracy to kill a deer is pure fallacy..

Inch to inch and half either high/low of any aimpoint means nothing in the vitals of a deer at 30. LOL
Your using a crossbow correct? They are deadly accurate and at very long ranges and a 50 yard shot is a chip shot. So an inch off at 20/30 yds is WAY off at longer ranges so now the vitals of a deer comes into play. I'm done with explaining that different arrow weights affect accuracy if not re-sighted in. Just hope you are ok with wounded animals. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Your using a crossbow correct? They are deadly accurate and at very long ranges and a 50 yard shot is a chip shot. So an inch off at 20/30 yds is WAY off at longer ranges so now the vitals of a deer comes into play. I'm done with explaining that different arrow weights affect accuracy if not re-sighted in. Just hope you are ok with wounded animals. Good luck.

What part of 30 yds do you not understand? You may shoot out to 50 or more, but I dont. So therefore, 1 inch means nothing at 30 that Ive explained.

Have a good evening friend...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts