Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
5,626 Posts
I've used the Lumenocks with my M380 & 405 and BD400. No greater stress that I know of against 443-505 g arrows. 290# against a 446,486 & 505 g arrows is likely the greatest instantaneous force against any xbow arrow's nock. . I use 3 Lumenoks for all my practice - 100's of shots each. No apparent stress. No crack lines, apparent wear, etc.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I've used the Lumenocks with my M380 & 405 and BD400. No greater stress that I know of against 443-505 g arrows. 290# against a 446,486 & 505 g arrows is likely the greatest instantaneous force against any xbow arrow's nock. . I use 3 Lumenoks for all my practice - 100's of shots each. No apparent stress. No crack lines, apparent wear, etc.
Been my same results using Firenocks,,, but in the 405 I did go with their lighted flat nock per Dorges advice,, no capture nocks in the 405 Matrix.

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Ive been using Lumenoks ever since I started hunting with a crossbow in 2012 and never a problem hitting where I wanted to (I practiced with 'em and was zeroed for them). That said....I believe I will stop using them this year because they could cause a distraction trying to watch where the arrow hits. In other words it could make a person drop the bow or pull their head off the rest pre-maturely to "see" where the arrow is gonna hit. I personally have never had a problem pulling off target using 'em but it could happen. When verticle bow hunting I never used anything like these and never had a problem either. I guess I'm just at a point of simplifying the whole process to eliminate any potential problems. It's just a thought....maybe I will or maybe I wont stop using 'em.

Reactions: LeRoy Brotzman

·
Banned
103 Posts
Ive been using Lumenoks ever since I started hunting with a crossbow in 2012 and never a problem hitting where I wanted to (I practiced with 'em and was zeroed for them). That said....I believe I will stop using them this year because they could cause a distraction trying to watch where the arrow hits. In other words it could make a person drop the bow or pull their head off the rest pre-maturely to "see" where the arrow is gonna hit. I personally have never had a problem pulling off target using 'em but it could happen. When verticle bow hunting I never used anything like these and never had a problem either. I guess I'm just at a point of simplifying the whole process to eliminate any potential problems. It's just a thought....maybe I will or maybe I wont stop using 'em.
Watch the flight through the scope!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I debated purchasing Lumenoks but felt that after shooting various bows for over twenty years I never had a problem following or finding my arrows. Why pay the extra cash for something that looks great. It looks cool as hell in the videos but seems like it catches more hunters then pigs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Loaded my first lighted nock in my ten point.....light came on ...could not stop it from turning on seating the arrow...had to cull it. other arrows worked though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good evening everyone, I wanted to contribute something to this subject of shooting with a luminous nock.
I have a Ripper415
My first luminous nock shot was a mess and then I stopped using them for a long time.
One day I decided to use them again and test how it worked and how I modified the shots.
I have 37 gn predator nocks. In full metal jacket arrows with a total weight of 515 gn.
With the nock the shot at 50 meters varied 3 cm down.
But the shots at 20, 30, 35 and 40 varied almost imperceptibly.
Now each practice I do with light nocks.
I recommend gluing the nocks so they don't come loose and fall on the trigger mechanism.
I hope it works.
Greetings from Argentina.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts