Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a vanishing breed of compound shooter as i still shoot with fingers and not a mechanical release. Any compound shooters out there like me?

·
2,087 Posts
I was until my elbows got bad, would draw with two fingers and hold and shoot with one. I did buy a release that would be good for finger shooters, you pull and hold trigger through the draw and relax to shoot.

·
5,661 Posts
I shoot fingers when I got first compound then switched to release. I really liked using a release.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I shot with 3 fingers when the compound bows were longer. As they got shorter, it pinched too much. I switched to a release and was happy. Old age and hurting shoulder have come upon me and the crossbow is better still.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I tried shooting with fingers, and it just seemed unnatural to me lol. I have a recurve that I shoot every now and then. That seems natural to me, compound...not so much.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I shoot compounds with a release but I do practice every so often with fingers only just in case I forget, lose or break my release. I was actually wondering if anyone else that uses releases practices with fingers in case something like that happens.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Shot my first 2 compounds with fingers,no sights or kissers. They both shot around 240 fps. Bought a bowtech blackout that shoots 335fps. It came with all the bells and whistles,had to relearn how to shoot . that much speed made impossible to release with fingers fast enough to not affect shot.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Well, I did but now I only pull the crossbow trigger with my finger.;)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
My wife and myself. Yes

Reactions: AK_Taxidermist

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like retro and vintage stuff; as an example, I plan on toting a Savage 99 to Africa soon.

Finger shooting and compounds... I have a very good condition Bear Whitetail Hunter (the powder coated green and black camo), decked out with an age appropriate sight and quiver. I shoot feather fletched green 2016s out of it and, obviously, shoot it with fingers (leather shooting tab). I don't pull it out as often as I should but was shooting it just last week. Fun stuff!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts