Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit after my last hunt my freezer is packed. I may only go just to get better in the woods. I sure don't need more meat. I typically am a one deer kill hunter a year. However, If I saw a trophy I'd take the shot and donate the food.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Two if I’m lucky. A doe or legal spike and a nice mature buck.

Reactions: bofos

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's worked out to be about 4. I realized long ago, that I could hunt longer & kill more deer If I figured out who to give them to or where to donate one. That has become part of the enjoyment of hunting deer - getting one for somebody else, whether I know them of not.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am happy if I get to put my tag on a buck every year.

Reactions: bofos

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I usually shoot a doe and then try for a decent sized 8 point or better. I used to have several people I would take a deer for and would kill 4 or 5 a year but now I only take what I need.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I shoot 5 -9. About half is given away in one form or another. Share meals with my friends, share jerky and snack sticks. etc. I have a large chest freezer and two freezers above refrigerators.
That's a combo of archery and firearm. Usually more archery.

·
Registered
2017 Vauxhall Mokka Elite
498 Posts
I always take 2 or a max of 3 as its only for me unless a friend wants one then I take 3 but we have no limits on the amount we can take

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Three for sure to qualify for Arkansas AGFC Triple Trophy Award. Some venison will go family.
Then to continue hunting some will be donated to feed the hungry program. In these Covid-19 times I understand food lines are longer.

·
1,621 Posts
Man some of these totals mean ya must have big herds around! Around me,,not that many with EHD and the CWD encroaching....2 for my wife and I for a year..Around 60 lbs..I eat venison about every week. Not in large portions however...

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
417 Posts
I live in a 2 deer county in eastern Ohio. We were a 3 deer county last season. Ohio has a 1 buck per season limit. So far I’m tagged out in my home county. 1 doe, 1 buck. I could hunt another county and kill more does but doubt I will.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My family of 5 usually goes through about 3 deer a season. So between myself, my wife, and my daughter we try to fill with that many. I haven't killed a deer in 2 years, my trigger finger is itchy

1 - 20 of 60 Posts