• 50 - 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100 - 200

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11,556 Posts
Average about 25 shots per day

or about 9,000 per year. January and February I probably average a little less than that but from March to December I'm "flinging" arrows. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well!!!!

I'm just guessing being as I've only had my crossbow 4 days ago but I know I'll shoot it over 200 times a year of that I'm sure!

~HF~

·
1,805 Posts
Moonkryket said:
or about 9,000 per year. January and February I probably average a little less than that but from March to December I'm "flinging" arrows. :)
Arrow Junkie!! LOL!

·
1,223 Posts
Varies -
Somtimes I won't shoot for 3 or 4 weeks. Sometimes I'll shoot 20 or 25 arrows a day....75 or 100 a month.

When ever the mood strykes.

Mike

·
3 Posts
I only shoot 25 to 50 arrows a year with my 175 lb. Exocet. All my shooting is done with broadheads. I should shoot more I know, but I've taken all my deer within 20yds. and 20 ft. is more like it.

·
342 Posts
I shoot probably 200 a month

·
115 Posts
I make about 100-200 shots a day to keep in practice ...

And that is just with my crossbow

I do quite a bit of target practice every day with my air rifles. They are both real high powered so it keeps my eye for the real firearms.

Today I zeroed in my scopes on my Chinese air rifle (5.5mm) and my Beeman that has interchangeable 5.5 and .17 barrels. I keep the .17 on it.

I am going to get back into my baseball pitching practice too ... if it doesn't cause my bad tendons and ulnar nerve to act up.

Yep ... I am a real country boy.

Also good at rock throwing and rock skipping on water LOL

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, I may have answered wrong. I marked 100-200. Thought it was days a year, not arrows flung per year. I hunt @ 200 days a year, but I don't shoot every sit out. Then, I shoot alot to show others the crossbow and help them with theirs so, I'm not really sure how many arrows a year. I don't practice targets very often since I'm hunting so much. I only shoot targets if I haven't shot for a few weeks to make sure my sights are still on and didn't get knocked off in the truck seat. They are always on, but have to check occasionally, especially if I'm trophy hunting. Can we count all of those we help someone else shoot? Ha ha ! We work the TPWD Expo and we teach others how to shoot a crossbow. Last October, we ran 1,635 shooters through and everyone shot twice! That was 2 eight hour days of real work!
When I'm not playing Crossbow, I guide Bowfishing and do my share of tournaments that are 12 hours long of continuous shooting. I fling lots of arrows, all the time. Arrows seem to be my life, but I'm sure not complaining!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts