Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of talk about how much tuning is involved with the high performace bows from people I don't believe actually own them. Being new to TPs I was just curious what owners who have had the 4 cable bows for a while have to say about it.

I own a Viper and a Vapor and the timing is still good on them but neither bow has 200 shots yet.

I am just not buying all the talk about bringing these bows to shops once a month for tuning or constant tweaking, accuracy issues and cam lean, etc...etc.

Thanks for your input in advance!

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,681 Posts
I’ve been shooting my viper for over two years and it’s deadly accurate. I don’t waste my time measuring ATA or putting a level on my cams. I will get new string and cables this year as every two years is what TP recommends. Anyone taking their crossbow into a dealer every month to be tuned needs to be screened for obsessive compulsive disorder. :LOL:

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Siege X 2
1,931 Posts
I have about 200 shots and probably 30+ hrs of cocked time on nitro 505 string and cables and it’s about to need a tune imo. Siege had about the same on new string original cables about 500 shots on the cables and it’s in tune still. There is some truth to the speed bows needing tuning more often but I do everything myself so not a big deal to me to tune it.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to say since only 2 guys responded this is not an issue. 🤣🤣 Good deal. 👍👍 Thanks for the input fellas!

Reactions: WWB
1 - 10 of 10 Posts