Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm like everyone else, I love getting pics of big bucks. But during the spring and early summer, this is what my cameras are doing. I love waterfowl and raptor pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Cool pics. All I get are red birds and crows eating my corn. BAH!

Reactions: GDog-Rick

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice. I did catch this Great Horned owl snatching a 'possum last Oct

Owl and Possum.JPG

Reactions: Pastorjim

·
Registered
219 Posts
How do you get the pictures of the owls?

My last try at this I set up a camera on camera stake on a beaver dam to watch the beavers work. Came back to check it and the beavers had used it in the dam somewhere... never to be seen again. There probably are some good pictures on that one. Bad choice of camera mounts, who knew?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you get the pictures of the owls?

My last try at this I set up a camera on camera stake on a beaver dam to watch the beavers work. Came back to check it and the beavers had used it in the dam somewhere... never to be seen again. There probably are some good pictures on that one. Bad choice of camera mounts, who knew?
I built a perch out of a wooden dowl rod. I added a fake mouse onto the perch for visual enticement. I also have a distressed bird caller that plays 24/7 that gets their attention. The caller is called a trap bait caller. It is made by a company called lucky duck and will play 24/7 for about three weeks on four AAA batteries. The caller sells for about $18-$20. I strap the perch to the tree with the camera mounted pretty much level with the perch. When it works, it can make for some awesome pics. Here's a better picture with more of the perch in view.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's ingeneious. I am going to have to try that. How high up do you put the perch?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's ingeneious. I am going to have to try that. How high up do you put the perch?
Just about waist high, same as when I put them out for everything. Good luck!

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts