Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just read your story on the Anti's. Well it wouldn't have gotten that far here in Ontario. We have laws reguarding interfering with hunters and hunting. Even if the anti hunters constantly drive down the road and make noise they can be charged. And we do not have to get CO's involved. The police here are authorized to enforce game act violations. If they are not sure they call the MNR to send someone out and they hold the persons in question until the MNR shows up. And that can take a while at times.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sorry to say I personally would have left them out it the cold/dark. They were I assume, grown up adults. If they can't think logically, then perhaps they should pick their battles better.
I might have even spent an hour or two sharpening my knife by the camp fire.... innocently of course.

·
712 Posts
Awesome story! I don't if I would have fed them or not. Sorry, we weren't expecting over-night guests.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great story. I hope to make it out to western mass to hunt someday. Good on you and your friend for helping them survive the night, you will be rewarded for that someday.
If it had been me I would have called the Mass Environmental Police asap. It is against the law in MA to harass hunters, period.

HUNTER HARASSMENT
Hunter harassment is against state law. Report violations to the Mass. Environmental Police (800) 632-8075 or to state or local police. Be prepared to provide a description of violators and/or a description and license plate number of the car.

These "harassers" would have been nailed by the EPO bigtime for what they did to you guys especially since it seemed like it was a planned event.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just read the story an could not stop laughing bloody idiots an yeah i wouldnt have fed the anything an told them to strip down bate arse, huddle to keep warm then burn their cloths while they tryed to sleep hahaha im glad they dont do that sort of thing in oz theres some pretty mad buggers over here that hunt

·
Registered
426 Posts
I like it!! The story made me laugh....sorry that you both had to waste the time, energy and money evading those fools....they forget over 100-200 yrs ago, our ancestors hunted and trapped wild game to survive, provide clothing, meat, and shelter. and the Native Indians also did the same way before we ever arrived here in North America...

Reactions: Old Vet

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great story, unfortunately they will be at it again. I know you tried to teach them a lesson but you let them off the hook. I would have given them just enough to stay alive, one blanket to share. These people really need to learn that they no NOTHING about the wild or conserving it.

·
3,321 Posts
Ranger-- Know right where your at, get of 77 there in wythville, and head to Sparta where my mom lives, and I also lived there growing up , looks like you have some nice hunting there, pretty big hills for sure. Seen a few deer around there in my travels. Hey good luck in the future !!!!

·
3,321 Posts
This story re-minds of of the ppl who say . I would not kill any animal for food, but will go to the grocery and fill up on meat, as long as someone else killed it, and will tell you this trying to make you feel like something is wrong with your thinking. Just because some animals may be better looking than cow's pig's or chickens, is something we can't help -- just a thought !!!

Reactions: Old Vet

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I was back at Tower Mountain last year hunting... Art, the lodge owner, brought up the story again and we shared a laugh. Sadly my friend Glenn passed away a few years back. Hunting in those woods reminds me of the great times we shared and the knowledge he so freely dispensed both to me and to others.

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Great story and you guys handled it very well. Better than I woulda done cause I'da let them got VERY COLD before sharing my fire with them. Supper? They'd went hungry...that wouldnt have killed them.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Awesome story. Here in Ohio we do have anti-harassment laws, and in talking with the local wardens and district personnel, they have no problem enforcing these regulations when a situation warrants it.

Horns

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
We have laws against harassment but I don't know how well they are enforced.

About 35 years ago I was hunting bear up by Black Lake. A nice bear came out and this anti hunting lady came roaring up the two track with a car load of kids. I could have taken the bear after it passed well beyond the car but I passed the shot. Had the young ones not been in the car, I would have taken the bear but I would not chance any type of errant shot or glancing fly off with the youngsters there. The lady got an earful but it was not colorful with the youngster present. It ruined my day and that came to be the only bear that I had a shot at that year.

I now only hunt private land and anti hunters are charged with trespass.

BTW I loved the story!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great story!! I've dealt with it differently though. I hunt in an area with a fair amount of mountian bikers and hikers, so naturally I have a few encounters a year. All have been polite, only one incident sticks out. A gentleman on a bike noticed me suddenly when he was almost on my position. He felt the need to lecture me on hunting, loudly, and began making noises. I guess he felt that I was going to leave. I retreive my cell phone and quietly reported the incident to our local CO's including my gps coordinates. He must have been in the area because literally 10 minutes later he appeared and had a conversation with this loon about why it's illegal to interfere with a hunt Here in NJ. The CO thanked me for reporting it and left with this guy. It didn't even ruin my hunt, as all this took place 1-1/2 hours before the peak time for my spot.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts