Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
finally I did it. sorry for the delay!

I thank you for making this video & sharing it. You did what I expected, but it was nice to see someone confirm/demonstrate that first.

I've seen where guys suggest using a small wooden dowel or cut off arrow to release the anti-dry fire mechanism, but that is absolutely not necessary or as safe. I don't want to have to wear steel toed boots to decock a crossbow safely.

Discharging a crossbow after an evening hunt is not something I care to do, nor do I want to carry a cocked crossbow out of the woods.

Your technique was explained quite well. The part about pulling up with one arm to release the tension before pulling the trigger is good. If you can't do that with your arm/shoulder, you probably shouldn't try this method of decocking. By pulling up hard & releasing the tension, you will be less likely surprised by the quick release of the pulled trigger, too.

I must admit that I really like the decocking feature of the Mission crossbows. You can decock your crossbow using both hands on the rope cocker, & you can do it from the safety position. You slide one button from left to right, pull up on your rope cocker with both hands, & let it back down slowly. Extremely safe & easy!

My crossbow had the exact same anti-dry fire & safety buttons as your model. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thank you for making this video & sharing it. You did what I expected, but it was nice to see someone confirm/demonstrate that first.

I've seen where guys suggest using a small wooden dowel or cut off arrow to release the anti-dry fire mechanism, but that is absolutely not necessary or as safe. I don't want to have to wear steel toed boots to decock a crossbow safely.

Discharging a crossbow after an evening hunt is not something I care to do, nor do I want to carry a cocked crossbow out of the woods.

Your technique was explained quite well. The part about pulling up with one arm to release the tension before pulling the trigger is good. If you can't do that with your arm/shoulder, you probably shouldn't try this method of decocking. By pulling up hard & releasing the tension, you will be less likely surprised by the quick release of the pulled trigger, too.

I must admit that I really like the decocking feature of the Mission crossbows. You can decock your crossbow using both hands on the rope cocker, & you can do it from the safety position. You slide one button from left to right, pull up on your rope cocker with both hands, & let it back down slowly. Extremely safe & easy!

My crossbow had the exact same anti-dry fire & safety buttons as your model. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Driftless Hunter! I totally agree with you on every point you highlighted:
  • the wooden dowel or piece of arrow is quite dangerous for your foot
  • the tension is applied to the string before pulling the trigger to avoid stress on the libs AND to avoid beeing surprised by the force to your arm and back
  • the Mission system is really a great features. I imagine that in the near future many other crossbow makers will follow theri path!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts