Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gents,

I love the site. It’s a great resource for newbies. After years of hunting what I could with a compound bow, I decided a new small game grocery getter was in order.

My wife and kids hooked me up over Christmas with a Barnett wildcat and all the accessories an x-bow newbie might need. I know it isn’t the fanciest, but I wanted to test the waters before I thought about making a big investment.

So far I love it. Unbelievably accurate and fun to shoot, without the neighbors complaining. Those little recurves are a hoot.

Today I snagged a fox squirrel with the little Barnett and I have it in a cast iron skillet on the grill now.

Happy hunting and shooting, thanks for being a great resource.

-Mitch
Plant Automotive tire Road surface Grass Trunk

Air gun Machine gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

· Registered
3,640 Posts
Howdy gents,

I love the site. It’s a great resource for newbies. After years of hunting what I could with a compound bow, I decided a new small game grocery getter was in order.

My wife and kids hooked me up over Christmas with a Barnett wildcat and all the accessories an x-bow newbie might need. I know it isn’t the fanciest, but I wanted to test the waters before I thought about making a big investment.

So far I love it. Unbelievably accurate and fun to shoot, without the neighbors complaining. Those little recurves are a hoot.

Today I snagged a fox squirrel with the little Barnett and I have it in a cast iron skillet on the grill now.

-Mitch View attachment 244105
View attachment 244104
Nice going making me hungry

· Registered
522 Posts
Howdy gents,

View attachment 244104
Howdy gents,

View attachment 244104
Welcome. I noticed the ‘Howdy’ and knew before I saw Texas where you are from.
Most of my family is from Tx and I was born there. Even though Ive lived in Fl for a long time, I’ve picked up ‘howdy too. The folks on the forum have helped me a bunch over the last yr.
I still conside myself a rookie with crossbows but never too old to learn more.
Congrat of your squirrels, and good looking dinner.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome. I noticed the ‘Howdy’ and knew before I saw Texas where you are from.
Most of my family is from Tx and I was born there. Even though Ive lived in Fl for a long time, I’ve picked up ‘howdy too. The folks on the forum have helped me a bunch over the last yr.
I still conside myself a rookie with crossbows but never too old to learn more.
Congrat of your squirrels, and good looking dinner.
Much obliged, looking forward to learning from y’all.

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,172 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

· Registered
755 Posts
Welcome from NE Arkansas!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts