Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
5,271 Posts
Was losing interest a few years ago when our youngest son stopped hunting and moved to the city. :cautious: Interest picked up again. My shoulder is bad enough, I won’t move any of my tree stands and will hunt mostly ground or brush blinds. Shoulder replacement after archery season is over.:)

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
178 Posts
I think I beat you on that one. 42. Moon was almost 40 when I was born.

JH HUNTER
I'm glad SOMEONE on here is younger than me!
I was beginning to think this was the "Old Folks Home"!!🤣😂🤣

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
Even though I'm a young buck at 65 years old, I'm starting to feel like I'm 16 again counting down the weeks and days until the season opens again.:)

·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think of myself as an Askari. Learning from all the seasoned hunters. Askari” is the name given to the young male elephants that are found in the company of the old, wise bulls. The Askaris spend time out in the bush learning all the skills that the bull has spent his lifetime perfecting. In the East African language 'Swahili', “Askari” also means protector.

JH HUNTER

·
Registered
178 Posts
Last year on our place out in San Angelo, I was the oldest guy there. In a way, it sure was nice. I killed a pretty hefty buck and "the boys" loaded him in the jeep, took him back to camp, dressed him and then hung him in the cooler while I sat and drank coffee!!
Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!🤣😂

·
Registered
Mission Sub One series
1,768 Posts
Last year on our place out in San Angelo, I was the oldest guy there. In a way, it sure was nice. I killed a pretty hefty buck and "the boys" loaded him in the jeep, took him back to camp, dressed him and then hung him in the cooler while I sat and drank coffee!!
Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!🤣😂
....now THAT'S how you do it 😉
Our season is about 6 weeks out... unbelievable how fast it's getting here... truthfully I'm looking forward to cooler weather and leaves changing, that'll really get me fired up 👍
Turned 53 in May...

·
Registered
178 Posts
....now THAT'S how you do it 😉
Our season is about 6 weeks out... unbelievable how fast it's getting here... truthfully I'm looking forward to cooler weather and leaves changing, that'll really get me fired up 👍
Turned 53 in May...
Ours here starts October 1st this year. It's hard to get ready for Deer season when it's 103 outside!! 😂
However...I will be in the stand opening morning. (y)

·
4,383 Posts
8 weeks here till opening morning. Most years i hunt Wv in the morning then head to Ohio in the afternoon.
Soon will be 63 years old. A few years ago i stopped hunting hard and started hunting smart. Still looking forward to sticking a Big old Buck. There's no better feeling than watching that nock disappear behind that shoulder. Then hear the crash or watch him pile up.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I’m not as old as some, but old enough to know I’m no longer a young guy. I have found myself not as ate up with it as I used to be. I’m pretty happy with sitting a field or an oak ridge in the afternoons where 30 years ago it was all or bust. I’m also just as happy with meat in the freezer as horns on the wall. I used to get mad at my father for being this way but now I understand.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts