Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

I've reached ... the age where the pros I've gotten to work with for going on two decades bring me along on a couple projects a year almost like a mascot...lol You know how a young kid gets that special type of attention in deer camp? Evidently it starts again after you cross a certain advanced threshold in the aging sequence...lol :p 馃槀 73陆...lol (Like kids, after 70 you start using fractions after your age);)
Hat Sun hat Art Chair Artist

Just struck me ... as I stood in front of the mirror after my shower, how all my old scars from my youth that came with swashbuckling stories have faded and disappeared. Now, the scars have all come from my demonologist digging out some pre-cancerous skin growth simply from being outdoors all my life...lol Last weekend my Sheila asked how I got that scar on my back. I gotta start making stories up. Particularly if I ever have to start dating again. :p 馃槀;)

Which brings up some advice. I've probably been visiting the dermatologist regularly for 10-15 years and if he nitrogen "froze" one thing off my skin he's done a hundred. Plus every couple years he cuts something out that could turn nasty. The first few years I told him I'm his Christmas Club because he'd chop something out every October- November. 馃槀 You're all outdoorsmen. GET YER ARSES TO A DERMATOLOGIST!!! The life you save will be your own!

Registered
At what age did you guys start seeing a dermatologist?

Registered
Mission Sub One series
I just "dealt" with it for the longest time...big mistake.. probably late 30s..started biologix in my early 40s.
I have almost total clear skin for awhile now.. Psoriasis isn't just on the outside, it does alot of damage on the inside as well 馃様

Just struck me ... as I stood in front of the mirror after my shower, how all my old scars from my youth that came with swashbuckling stories have faded and disappeared. Now, the scars have all come from my demonologist digging out some pre-cancerous skin growth simply from being outdoors all my life...lol Last weekend my Sheila asked how I got that scar on my back. I gotta start making stories up. Particularly if I ever have to start dating again. :p 馃槀;)

Which brings up some advice. I've probably been visiting the dermatologist regularly for 10-15 years and if he nitrogen "froze" one thing off my skin he's done a hundred. Plus every couple years he cuts something out that could turn nasty. The first few years I told him I'm his Christmas Club because he'd chop something out every October- November. 馃槀 You're all outdoorsmen. GET YER ARSES TO A DERMATOLOGIST!!! The life you save will be your own!
Yep, been going for a while. Quite a few 鈥渃ryosurgeries鈥 with the liquid N2. Couple things cut off my back. My dematologist is a small, very fit, 40s something woman, and drop dead gorgeous. Don鈥檛 mind going at all. :D

At what age did you guys start seeing a dermatologist?
Probably 60-ish ... I didn't have my first physical until I was 55. I think my Sheila at the time harassed me into going. Believe it or not at one time each of'em actually wanted to keep me alive. Eventually it was more like "wanted, dead or alive."...lol :p 馃槀
Rectangle Hat Font Art Wood

Yep, been going for a while. Quite a few 鈥渃ryosurgeries鈥 with the liquid N2. Couple things cut off my back. My dematologist is a small, very fit, 40s something woman, and drop dead gorgeous. Don鈥檛 mind going at all. :D
LOL ... reminds me of the first time I went to a dermatologist in my late 30's. The love of my life Sheila made an appointment because I had something on the back of my neck. Turned out it was a woman doctor who was a knockout. When I got home I got some evil looks when I told the story on how this good-looking woman had me get naked. Sheila was pretty good looking herself and made some wise-arse comment about needing to be naked to cut a cyst on my neck???...lol In retrospect she was doing her job... at least I think that's all it was ...lol :p It was a one time thing anyway. :sneaky:

Diabetes got me i went from watch what you eat and take this pill. To every new experimental treatment there was. To turning in a Dr slip at work and them saying i can't let you work. when i got put on the needle... In about 6 months At 54 there i sat, now what after some figuring and i had enough time in to retire. And everyone said retire i applied used my years worth of paid sick days while i got tested by Doctors i never missed a check. Got approved and retired at 55 years old. I'd rather have worked than fight this 7 days a week 24 hours a day every day i never get a break.

But it is what it is I go to the Dr every 6 months for a check up and get blood work done. Go once a year to the Eye Dr thats now my son thats nice and makes me proud.

I have been shot, broke bones, been cut more times than i can count been operated on fell out of trees, been bit by about everything except a poisonous snake. Had 26 teeth pulled in one day because of sugar. I whooped everything and bounced back except for sugar it's a tough one.

Getting old ain't for sissies

Registered

I too had a bout with skin cancer. Every six months I get to stand in my undies for the skin inspection. Like you, something gets frozen or zipped every time. Worked on the farm growing up and spent lots of time on a boat or on a beach. Our generation used tanning oil and not skin block. Big scars on my shoulders from getting them fixed now one on my neck from a fusion. To quote my wife, 鈥渨hen I met you, you were bullet proof. Now your bullet ridden鈥. Paying for the sins of our youth!

Registered
I used to get mad at my father for being this way but now I understand.
I often think about how things circle around in life. When my brother & I were young, our dad was there to help us hunt. Now that my dad is 82 years old, the roles have been reversed. My dad still hunts (gun season), because we are there to help him along. I think he would have stopped hunting years ago without us.

My dad took up turkey hunting at age 75. I sort of got my brother & him started at the same time. Last spring turkey season (age 81 at the time), my dad slept in. He drove out to one of his elevated deer stands (has a metal staircase) at 2 pm in the afternoon with the ATV, because one can't miss watching Gunsmoke & Bonanza. He forgot his turkey calls and optics, but my brother had some decoys on the ATV. He set the decoys out and killed a nice Tom @ 2:30 pm. It took him a half hour to fill his tag. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to work harder to fill my turkey tags!

SE VA
Duke, where do you get that stuff???馃槅馃槅馃槅

I鈥檝e been in the sun a lot for years, fishing tournaments, lying around the pools, shooting archery tournaments and just being outside a lot for years. Started having facial stuff pop up in my mid 60鈥檚. Now, 80 this fall, seeing my dermatologist on a regular basis. Got a couple so called possible pre cancerous spots. That鈥檚 life.

Duke, where do you get that stuff???馃槅馃槅馃槅

I鈥檝e been in the sun a lot for years, fishing tournaments, lying around the pools, shooting archery tournaments and just being outside a lot for years. Started having facial stuff pop up in my mid 60鈥檚. Now, 80 this fall, seeing my dermatologist on a regular basis. Got a couple so called possible pre cancerous spots. That鈥檚 life.
I gotz ... hundreds of'em. 馃槀
Cartoon Organism Handwriting Bird Font

Bird Vertebrate Cartoon Wild turkey Phasianidae

Reactions: Inspector98

Registered
Last year on our place out in San Angelo, I was the oldest guy there. In a way, it sure was nice. I killed a pretty hefty buck and "the boys" loaded him in the jeep, took him back to camp, dressed him and then hung him in the cooler while I sat and drank coffee!!
Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!馃ぃ馃槀
Hell yea!

• Haha
Reactions: AJ01

Registered
... 馃 turkeys are NEVER that kind to me 馃が
Same here. We had a few good seasons with 4 of us killing a half dozen real nice birds and then...nothing for two years. They got call shy and very leary of the decoys. They would avoid our blinds as much as possible. Next year we plan on trying some new tactics to see if it helps. I will say this though, it was fun while it was fun!馃槑

21 - 40 of 46 Posts