Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have heard that Deer have some level of UV vision. We have also seen that UV killer spray for sale you can put on your clothes.

I used a black light to scan my hunting room for what had any sort of UV glow in a black light.

I decided to show the results and test the UV spray,.. and here is the video of the scan and test results.

Enjoy!

·
225 Posts
Very interesting, I have used the UV killer years ago but never did any tests on it. I have a black lite I use on my camo and try to wear camo that doesnt glow. How does that orange look after it is dry? ? . Could you do the same test with just water, or water mixed with a bit of bakeing soda.. Thanks, Ron

·
225 Posts
I use UV free soap to wash my camo.. If you want to do an interesting test , I once got some liquid laundry detergent with whitners on my hands doing regular clothes, rinsed my hands off dryed them and used the black lite and my hands glowed......moral of story.. don't wash camo with regular laundry detergent..

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Some of you may have heard that Deer have some level of UV vision. We have also seen that UV killer spray for sale you can put on your clothes.

I used a black light to scan my hunting room for what had any sort of UV glow in a black light.

I decided to show the results and test the UV spray,.. and here is the video of the scan and test results.

Enjoy!
My g/f walked slowly up to 2 deer within 35 yards, in bright sun, broad daylight wearing a purple hooded sweat shirt and blue Jean's while holding her cell phone up to her face .

Reactions: the Ranger

·
Registered
505 Posts
Deer can see with UV vision different that most people think... They see Blaze orange like a big white object. The color that does show up the most to deer is Blue.. Good reason not to wear jeans when deer hunting.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Dry it out and shoot it again the next day please.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My g/f walked slowly up to 2 deer within 35 yards, in bright sun, broad daylight wearing a purple hooded sweat shirt and blue Jean's while holding her cell phone up to her face .
Walk in the woods wearing bright colored clothes,playing a radio while smoking a cigar and deer just look at you. Put on camo and get sneaky and suddenly they have a security system.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Back cover and movement.Killed a ton of deer with my old whitetail hunter in an old Mackinaw plaid jacket and pants before camo was "in"....
Back in the 80's in PA, everyone was still wearing solid flo orange coveralls, flo orange hat and flo orange gloves. In the late 80's orange/black cow splotch camo became the rage. Mid90's. was when name brand camo got hot.

In the 60's only duck & dove hunters were camo.

Turkeys were just beginning to make a recovery.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Walk in the woods wearing bright colored clothes,playing a radio while smoking a cigar and deer just look at you. Put on camo and get sneaky and suddenly they have a security system.
Yeah, the day after Buck season ends you could be running a 2 cycle chain saw with no muffler and having a bonfire burning the limbs and 10 pointer will stand there and watch you.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Yeah, the day after Buck season ends you could be running a 2 cycle chain saw with no muffler and having a bonfire burning the limbs and 10 pointer will stand there and watch you.
When I was a kid in Maine, the trick was to do just that. By the 70's there was a law passed to make it illegal to make unnatural noises in order to attract deer.
Deer are curious to a fault. Cigars attract deer. Radios attract deer. A lot of crazy sounding stuff attracts deer.

Reactions: IndianawantZme

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
When I was a kid in Maine, the trick was to do just that. By the 70's there was a law passed to make it illegal to make unnatural noises in order to attract deer.
Deer are curious to a fault. Cigars attract deer. Radios attract deer. A lot of crazy sounding stuff attracts deer.
I heard the sound of a stout recurve crossbow discharging will keep the deer around a shile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts