Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being I'm spending too much time bow fishing and not hunting, but I still did okay coming in 2nd place for Huntress of the Year and 3rd place for Crossbow Hunter of the Year. I still took home 3 awards for 2-1st place recordbook entries and 1-2nd place recordbook entry. Butch took home 2-1st place entries.
My young huntress Kassi who took her first crossbow buck received her award that took 1st place for the year under crossbow, and 13th overall in the recordbook. She's 14 now. She says she never wants to shoot a rifle again. Only crossbow. Cool coming from a girl that 3 years ago didn't want to hunt but her daddy brought her to us. She also won a custom knife from Red Wood Custom Knife maker valued at $220.00. Yes, that's Keith Warren giving me a hug and an award. We just love Keith. He's a wonderful man, and outdoors advocate. He films 52 outdoor hunting and fishing shows a year, but always makes time for this awards banquet. He's also part of Hortons Professional Prostaff.

Attachments

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Way to go!

Super congratulations to you,You are a great ambassador for hunting as well as crossbows, and Good to see young people getting involved in hunting.:eek:

·
104 Posts
Congratulations Guide Girl!!!!!:ack2::hurray::D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much everyone! It's good to have a place to share the crossbow accomplishments. Now, I'll tell ya'll. Last year, I won Crossbow Hunter of the Year AND North American Hunter of the Year. The thing about that is I was competing with all hunters, and all weapons and a crossbow took that division. The previous year, I won Huntress of the Year with my crossbow and Butch won the Crossbow Hunter of the Year( not really. I actually won that too, but the board gave it to Butch since I had already won the highest award and I had only beat him by 1 tiny point).
Since I started participating in these recordbook awards, there are now several women who have got involved, and several men and women who now hunt with crossbows. A huge difference from 8 years ago when I was the only crossbow hunter, and one of two women who hunted seriously, both of us being guides and outfitters. ( She's older though, ha ha, and her weapon of choice is primative arms.) Butch started hunting crossbow the next year after he saw how much fun and recognition I was getting. Now, we are each others competition. Getting others involved is what I'm truly proud to have accomplished.

·
342 Posts
Way to go Guide Girl...:):):)

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
GG Congratulations! Keep on keepin on. I think you are an asset to the female hunting community. I wish I could get my mate to hunt. She loves to cook em and eat em but I gotta clean em. Been trying to convince her for 15 years that if we both hunted and fished we could walk away from the super market meat and fish counter. She has become a reputable angler but when it's trigger squeezin time and field dressing time she will have no part of it.

Any advice for a woman with bambi syndrome that has no problem cooking and eating them but won't kill them?

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
buckeye dan said:
GG Congratulations! Keep on keepin on. I think you are an asset to the female hunting community. I wish I could get my mate to hunt. She loves to cook em and eat em but I gotta clean em. Been trying to convince her for 15 years that if we both hunted and fished we could walk away from the super market meat and fish counter. She has become a reputable angler but when it's trigger squeezin time and field dressing time she will have no part of it.

Any advice for a woman with bambi syndrome that has no problem cooking and eating them but won't kill them?
Oh yea I do! I got caught up in it by being there on the hunt. So invite her to sit with you anytime the weather is good. You may have to be insistant a bit, by telling her you would really enjoy her company. Butch had taken a buck and couldn't find it. After he left to go find his son to help track, I found the buck and had it hung when he returned. I thought " I can do this". I really enjoyed the tracking. I participated. That's the beginning. Then, I was run up a tree by a big boar hog, and that was different from Bambi. I wanted to kill them all! The deer came about later. Maybe hunt varmints or something else first other than Bambi. I had no choice but field dress a deer once while hunting alone in the mountains. It expired in the bottom of a canyon and while trying to drag it up, I decided I could field dress it to get the weight down and make it easier for me to drag up the hill. Circumstances while being outdoors helps us grow into it. So, get her out with you and act as her guide along the way without pushing her, but inviting her to participate. Then, it will come along.

·
1,071 Posts
Way to go!

GG Congrats to you and your family great job.

C

·
0 Posts
Congrats to al and thanks Guide Girl for sharing your X bow:) knowledge here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts