Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
LOL:) Sounds like theyre ALL good bows.:)

Reactions: Dang It

·
Registered
745 Posts
Every one of these Ravin bows are designed for and perform superbly in hunting applications. There isn't a best one except that each person has his favorite. I am 5' 6" and use both e the R10 and R20 Sniper. Both are excellent. I just bought my sniper this fall and have been hunting with it. I don't see a lot of difference in how each one feels in the hands, but the R20 shoots faster and is a bit louder. I am not personally concerned with sound however, because by the time the deer hear my bow they are dead and just don't know it yet. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Every one of these Ravin bows are designed for and perform superbly in hunting applications. There isn't a best one except that each person has his favorite. I am 5' 6" and use both e the R10 and R20 Sniper. Both are excellent. I just bought my sniper this fall and have been hunting with it. I don't see a lot of difference in how each one feels in the hands, but the R20 shoots faster and is a bit louder. I am not personally concerned with sound however, because by the time the deer hear my bow they are dead and just don't know it yet. :)
The only way that I can see you making an extension for the butt plate to lengthen the draw . Is something that slips over the end of the butt , and is removable so as to be able to work the button for the crank . Big bird have you put your excellent brain to work on it yet

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Earl,
my 'excellent brain' is not so excellent anymore as I get older but thanks for the compliment. I imagine Ravin will address this in the future. After all, they are still a very young company.
Hope you and your wife have a wonderful Christmas Holiday.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Earl,
my 'excellent brain' is not so excellent anymore as I get older but thanks for the compliment. I imagine Ravin will address this in the future. After all, they are still a very young company.
Hope you and your wife have a wonderful Christmas Holiday.
You are a modest person . Merry Christmas to you and everyone else that reads this post . It’s Ben a rough year for me in many different ways , I pray that next year is better . It is my understanding that all of the Ravin crossbows have the same length of pull . When they shortened the 26 and 29 they moved the mechanisms back but the trigger stayed the same .I think that I am rite . If someone will correct me . I never mind being corrected when I am wrong or make a mistake . It’s always better to catch it and correct it in the early stages and not let it cause problems . Well good day to you . Just remember BIRDS OF A FETHER FLOCK TOGETHER .

·
SE VA
13,744 Posts
Super small, lightweight, deadly accurate, longer string and cable life than I expected, trouble free after 8 months of shooting and hunting since early October............for me, the R26 is it:)

·
Registered
830 Posts
If Ravin would ever make that R29 stock adjustable, I'd consider one but until then, the R10 is my choice.
Actually the length of pull is the same on all of them . It’s the forward placement of the forearm that you have trouble with I believe . Yes the 26 and 29 are compact . But because I don’t have to extend my left arm while shooting my 26 , but can rest it on my torso . It allows this weak armed old man the ability to hold and shoot it without a tripod or shooting stick . Which I hate to use .

·
Registered
830 Posts
I was just wondering , I had noticed that the 26 string was a different color and if maybe it was made better than the other ones . How is your serving holding up . I don’t know of a bow that I have ever Ben as excited about as I have this one . I have always loved compact equipment , and the R26 sure fits the bill for me . I have another buddy in Louisiana who has one and he just loves it . He’s killed several with his. And cut arrows to 17.5 inches . Like me . For someone like me who is semi disabled , it is perfect . Weight and balance is excellent . Well MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.