Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When's the last … time you had a professional haircut? I normally get my haircut a week before holidays, special occasions, if I'm going to meet landowners, at the start of early bow season, or if it's getting a little long in back. With this corona mess, I haven't had a professional haircut since January. Got one right before a project was to start. By the time I got back half the world was closed down. Been jerking around every two weeks or so with 3 clippers I've had for years. Have my Sheila cut across the back to keep it straight. Other than that it's been using two mirrors and acting mentally defective trying to cut a straight line when every move goes the opposite direction that your mind expects it to go. I know about the last place I want to go is to a barber who spends 8 hours a day, 6 days a week 18" from the face of every Tom, Dick, and Harry who may have COVID. Seems like he'd be a perfect candidate to be the "Typhoid Mary" of coronavirus.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I just cut my hair last week myself. I'm my own barber. I started cutting my own hair a few years ago, havnt been to a "professional" since. I'm okay with that.. I wear a hat most of the time when I'm outdoors anyhow and I'm not out to impress anyone with my looks so, it's a win win for me. Plus I save money....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Any time I like...My wife has a small beauty shop located on the same property as our home. She's pretty much retired from that line of work but if I play my cards right I can still talk her into giving me a professional haircut when needed.
I'm still trying to figure out if her haircuts are the least expensive or the most expensive I've ever had. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Have had haircut twice in last 4 months. There is no hiding from cov 19 . If you live in a city at all you are exposed to it everyday. Odds are you have already been exposed and just are one of the majority who show no symptoms. I cannot hide in my house, bills to pay ,business to run. Have had to take risks all adult life, I will just add this to the list of uncontrollables 😡

·
Registered
908 Posts
Haven't had a professional cut for 5-6 years but I think I'm going to break down and get it done before much longer. My clippers are getting dull.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I don't stay indoors but I stay away from public places as much as possible and when I am I'm very reserved and quiet and keep to myself but very polite. I look out for the elderly and hold the doors for them or let them go ahead of me in the checkout line. I live in a semi rural area of a city. Just far enough away that I can escape into the woods to avoid the public BS... if I had my way, I would be living on top of a mountain waiting for the Bush pilot to drop off my monthly supply of necessities, (beer).....lol...

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
When I had mine cut this morning the shop owner was wearing a mask, keeping customers over 6 feet apart (all 2 of us) and I watched him spray disinfectant all over the barber chair and around it before he said he was ready for me. He also told me earlier that he disinfects the whole shop a couple of times a day at least.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
I've been cleaning the house every chance I get. I have a mixture I made in a spray bottle that consists of 80 % bleach that I spray on everything before I wipe it down. I find myself washing my hands quite alot.

·
714 Posts
Yesterday, we both wore a mask.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Since this Corona BS, my wife has been hacking (lol) my hair every couple of weeks. I bought a decent set of clippers and said... go for it. Up until the last time, she was doing great. The last cut looked like Moe of the three stooges. LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yup, not much hair on top any more. Bought a set of professional clippers years ago and cut my own. My wife cleans up the back and it's a wrap! No big deal.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,115 Posts
My last store-bought haircut was sometime last year or early this year. I just buzz it 1/2" all over, then shorten the sides.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
It's not hard, to cut your own hair, that's for sure. .. I was all ways under the impression that the only way to get a good haircut was to go to a pro and pay top dollar for one but, I'm just as happy cutting it myself ! Imagine....lol...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Since this Corona BS, my wife has been hacking (lol) my hair every couple of weeks. I bought a decent set of clippers and said... go for it. Up until the last time, she was doing great. The last cut looked like Moe of the three stooges. LOL
What did you do to piss her off....this time? :unsure:

·
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reactions: Martymig and ldock

·
Registered
820 Posts
Since retirement, I have had a store bought haircut for special occasions only. 1/2" on top, 1/8" to 3/8" blend on the sides. The wife cleans up the neck line....saved $15. That pay for lots of toys in a year's time.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts