Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I finalized my hunting set up for this deer season and shot it through the chrono. Sighting in will be this weekend (I hope).

Micro 360TD Pro, with Dr. Stirrup dB Killers and a Boo custom string in USMC colors. Arrows are 16.5" Spynal Tapps, with Blazers in USMC colors, 110 grain inserts, 125 grain fieldpoints (will use broadheads of course), and Nufletch lighted nocks (red). Total arrow weight is exactly 450 grains.

I shot 3 arrows and got 325, 326, and 325 fps. I like.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Looks like a bonafide killa to me.;):)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen, I am disappointed to report I was unable to obtain the requested information. At first I thought it was because I was shooting white salt under the white canopies (which gave no results). So I switched to two pieces of black foam in place of the canopies. No matter how I positioned the Bug-A-Salt, it returned an ERR-3 message every time. I suspect the chrono just can't read the small group of salt projectiles. I gave it my best shot. So to speak . . .

·
Registered
347 Posts
Haha kinda thought maybe those salt granules wouldn't cast a shadow (which is actually what the sun shades are for in sunny conditions, to provide an are that the sensors can detect a shadow).

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
155 Posts
Gentlemen, I am disappointed to report I was unable to obtain the requested information. At first I thought it was because I was shooting white salt under the white canopies (which gave no results). So I switched to two pieces of black foam in place of the canopies. No matter how I positioned the Bug-A-Salt, it returned an ERR-3 message every time. I suspect the chrono just can't read the small group of salt projectiles. I gave it my best shot. So to speak . . .
Try rock salt to chrono it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Today I finalized my hunting set up for this deer season and shot it through the chrono. Sighting in will be this weekend (I hope).

Micro 360TD Pro, with Dr. Stirrup dB Killers and a Boo custom string in USMC colors. Arrows are 16.5" Spynal Tapps, with Blazers in USMC colors, 110 grain inserts, 125 grain fieldpoints (will use broadheads of course), and Nufletch lighted nocks (red). Total arrow weight is exactly 450 grains.

I shot 3 arrows and got 325, 326, and 325 fps. I like.

Thank you for your service .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your service .
Thanks. Or you're welcome. (Never sure how to answer that.)

So far, despite having great arrows and a Boo string, hunting season has been a complete bust. I'm in San Diego. Between the insane heat, fires, and now forest closures, I've only been able to get out two days and have not seen a single deer. I'm really glad this tag is a split season and I can hunt in Nov/Dec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts