Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bumping an old thread to ask what are the drops for say a sub1 shooting 330fps?

Say if I had it set at 30 yards and a deer stepped out at 40 really quick. Could I aim just a touch high with it set on 30 and be ok or would the gap be too much?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Bumping an old thread to ask what are the drops for say a sub1 shooting 330fps?

Say if I had it set at 30 yards and a deer stepped out at 40 really quick. Could I aim just a touch high with it set on 30 and be ok or would the gap be too much?
I love my Huskemaw. Not sure how your question relates to the Huskemaw, but sure you could aim high at 40 using your 30 yd setting. It would be easy to move the turret to 40, but if unable, then you would just need to know how many inches your are low at 40 with 30 yd setting and aim above accordingly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love my Huskemaw. Not sure how your question relates to the Huskemaw, but sure you could aim high at 40 using your 30 yd setting. It would be easy to move the turret to 40, but if unable, then you would just need to know how many inches your are low at 40 with 30 yd setting and aim above accordingly.
More less I’m just curious if that would be a realistic way of using the scope before I purchase one. I’m not 100% sure on how my sub1 drops just yet. I just set a scope and forgot it. Didn’t actually measure the drops.

If it only dropped 6-8” between 30-40 yards it would be easy to hold high in a tense moment. If it dropped 15-16” I’m not sure if it would be a great idea.

·
Registered
819 Posts
More less I’m just curious if that would be a realistic way of using the scope before I purchase one. I’m not 100% sure on how my sub1 drops just yet. I just set a scope and forgot it. Didn’t actually measure the drops.

If it only dropped 6-8” between 30-40 yards it would be easy to hold high in a tense moment. If it dropped 15-16” I’m not sure if it would be a great idea.
You may be better off with a speed compensated xbow scope for that then?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess I’m just trying to cover all bases. I’m used to have an adjustable single pin slider sight from shooting compounds so long. So adjusting won’t be a huge deal.

I’m just looking for extra reassurance that I can make a quick 40 yard shot with the Huskemaw set at 30… IF I had to in the heat of the moment.

·
Registered
17,117 Posts
The Huskemaw is a speed compensated scope. It is simply controlled by the turret instead of the speed ring. The main difference is the speed ring is preset and the Huskemaw has to be adjusted for different yardages.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I didnt like the fact the Husky locks you into 1 set-up...if you change arrow weight or arrow speed you have to have new tapes made up. Other than that....its a great CLEAR scope and quality made in USA. I have been on the phone with them a few times and they go over the top to help...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I didnt like the fact the Husky locks you into 1 set-up...if you change arrow weight or arrow speed you have to have new tapes made up. Other than that....its a great CLEAR scope and quality made in USA. I have been on the phone with them a few times and they go over the top to help...
My plan if I buy the Huskemaw is to never get a custom turret made. I’m just going to mark what setting I need for 40-50-60. Keep it set at 30. Aim low at 20

·
13,779 Posts
Fixed power... scopes went out with the Conestoga wagon. :rolleyes: :p
Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Cart

·
Registered
611 Posts
@lungpuncher1 i have a Ravin sniper scope with adjustable turret. Mine is set exactly the way you described. 20,30,40,50 and 60 yards. I leave it at 38 yards all the time. For me I am good 20-40 yards using a single aiming point. Anything beyond 40 I need to adjust the turret. Last year I hunted with a sub1 xr and using the same principal I had my scope set at 32 yards for 20-35 yards. Anything beyond that I had to adjust the turret.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts