Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
George,
I hear you but here's my thoughts on your comparison in the Hunting world and Not Target world.
1. More KE - don't mean crap. I've never ever have Not had a complete pass thru with a R10 on smalll or big deer standing broadside or even head on or any angle in between.
2. RDT is No benefit to me for several reasons. First, the dang forward cams get in the way when walking in the woods when you're my height. Second, I never shoot offhand because I shoot from tree stands with shooting rails.
3. Easier cocking - when I can't cock my R10, I guess I'll have to quit hunting because it's an order of magnitude easier than rope cocking a crossbow. In fact, if I can't crank my R10 back, it's a dang good chance I couldn't climb a tree stand either.
4. However, I do sometimes have lengthy hikes in hilly country and that makes weight more important to me.

Nevertheless, others have different needs so to each their own. It's great we have such choices.
Don't get me wrong, I am not pushing TenPoint because I love the Ravins too.
Sold the R26 in favor of the upcoming R500E for target shooting.
Actually, l think all xbows have their pros and cons.
It is up to the individual to assess their needs and shoulder as many makes/models as possible.
In stalk and shoot, or freehand mode, I'll take shorter and faster.
I'm 5'10" and 220lbs so 1lb is nothing for me but 6.5" in added forward length and front loaded weight is definitely harder to hold steady.
Waiting on the Swat X1 as well, it may be the cat's meow.

·
65 Posts
With all due respect, I believe your daughter already has the perfect bow-for her. Small, light, accurate, and a short length of pull. Really, why change? Is it because DAD wants an R26? 🤫

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
218 Posts
What happened to that 90 Scorpyd you had set up for her ,,,,,,, too heavy ?

That sounded like a unique unit .....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
She’s not the most stout person. Needs a little smaller package

21 - 27 of 27 Posts