Crossbow Nation banner

I’m going to have to break down and get a 26

5K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Inspector98 
#1 ·
My daughter is shooting more and more again. She shoots her 308 lights out. I’m thinking the 26 would be perfect for her...and me.
Plant Tree People in nature Shorts Wood

See less See more
#7 ·
Sonny,
I don't know about Duke. He can't get over the 'shoots like a rifle thing' and the fact that the original Ravin guys didn't do a total recall when they were first having premature firing issues.
I really can't blame him or anyone else for feeling that way but I think the Velocity Outdoors guys are genuinely trying to make a better product. And equally important, they are trying hard to keep that 'Made in the USA' tag on every Ravin.
I also really like where they're headed with CenterPoint in covering the lower end of the market.

But with that said, if Ravin would come up with a repeating crossbow that held like 6 arrows, Duke would probably be all over it.:)

#5 ·
Why not the X1? I would think it would be a lot safer for a young lady if she starts hunting a different area than yourself. Just a suggestion......

#14 ·
Looks to me like the bow she's holding is fitting her like a glove! Shoots like it too,;):)

Reactions: Canuck and doegirl
#15 ·
It only makes sense with the railless design of a Ravin, the less time the nock is on the string, the more accurate the crossbow will be. In other words, any lateral or even vertical force applied to the arrow nock because of cam lean or cams not totally synched or limb mismatch has less opportunity to affect arrow flight.
This in my opinion is why many R26 owners experience very good accuracy. Of course, the R10 is next with only 11 inches of power stroke.
However, the other thing I simply don't understand is why can't TenPoint figure out how to make a lightweight crossbow. They continue to make their crossbows shorter even to the point of going to 16" arrows and still can't make them as light as a 33" R10 shooting a 20" arrow.
Anyone who says railless designs are not the future needs to think about how they are going to reduce weight.

No one really likes a heavy crossbow unless they just target shoot and don't have to lug the thing around in the woods.
Of course, this is just my opinion so take it for what's it's worth which is about 2 cents.

#30 · (Edited)
I own both the R26 and the R10. I actually think the better of the two is the one I’m holding at that time!!!!! Both great shooting bows and they each have they’re own great qualities... I personally don’t expect to be buying a new crossbow for a long time.
Manufactures will be scratching they’re heads for years to come to better the Ravin technology in such a complete package!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.