Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Excalibur Phoenix ordered all the good stuff from Danny Miller sent the check out today. I like the way he deals he seems to be every bit as good as you guys have all said about him.

I was wanting to get a dozen arrows and I wanted brass inserts I thought I was going to have to buy them and ad them to the arrows later. But he said his arrows were made with them so I was good to go.

I've seen nothing but good things about Dan on all the forums, now I see why he was very competitive on his pricing and I didn't have to buy anything I didn't need.

I got my permit signed by my Dr. last week and am now waiting on my permit to arrive. Can't wait to get my hands on my new bow!

~HF~

·
11,423 Posts
Have fun with your new crossbow

If you get a chance try some heavy points in comparison to the standard 100 or 125 grains(accuracy/smoothness). :hurray:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah!

I probably do a lot of comparisons I even have some heavy cedar shaft I may play around with some of them any of you tried cedar shafts.

~HF~

·
38 Posts
I have been warned NOT to try wood shafts with today's crossbows. Too much danger of them breaking when shot!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah!

I was afraid of that of course they say the same thing about compounds.

These heavy cedar shafts are shot off of 80 to 90 lb longbows I'd say they'd be safe as long as they weren't cracked or something like that.

But I'll probably err on safety's side and not try em!

Thanks,
~HF~

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Your Phoenix is TWICE the pull weight of the heavy verts you mentioned. I divinely would err or the side of caution by NOT shooting wood in it.k

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my Excal Phoenix today (Friday) only got to shoot her three times but all three shots would've been deep in the vitals of a deer.

All 3 arrows were within 2" or 2.5" of the 1 inch spot I was shooting at (20 yards)! I shot offhand and wasn't really ready to ring her out but just had to shoot her a few shots!!

~HF~

·
Banned
258 Posts
Enjoy!you will find it hard to put her down,welcome!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts