Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Centerpoint Yes the safety is off. the strings are too hard to pull and I feel like I might break it. Help!

Also it was set up and assembled on display 2 days before I bought it from bass pro. A cocker came with it. Maybe I'm weak I just feel like the string is gonna break if I keep pulling all the way back

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP! I'M A NOOB. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I GOT IT, I'M JUST AN IDIOT, EVERYTHING IS FINE.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Wow! Without seeing it I wouldn't have a clue. First, try reassembling then if that don't work post a few pictures of the cams and wheels on your bow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goeS down couple inches lower where the groove in the camo is.
Ha! These instructions that came with it aren't detailed and are in black and white so it's hard to see. Thank you.

Now do I pull back till it clicks back into "safety" even after it feels like the rope might break?

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you do get it back make sure you load an arrow. Dont forget. It will be one and done if you forget. Dont know if yours has an anti dry fire. Not sure i would want to test it out though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remember even with the advantage of the rope cocker a 180 pound xbow requires 90 pounds of pull to cock and the Sniper does have anti dry fire.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Youtube, how to cock a Centerpoint sniper crossbow.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It does have anti dry fire which means it should not fire without an arrow all the way loaded. Take your time. It will start to feel more comfortable after a day or so. Do not just use your back ,pull with your arms and shoulders. Pull equally on both sides

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be sure arrow is all the way back to the string. The safety slides forward better if you use 2 fingers one on each side. Also Sniper triggers have quite a long travel and a fairly heavy pull.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got it cocked turns out I'm just short. But now it won't shoot
It might not be cocked all the way. Could be on the ADF. (anti-dry fire) Try cocking it again with safety forward, when cocked it should move safety to “on” (back). Yes and make sure arrow is all the way seated against the string. Keep you fingers below the rail and out of the bear trap. (The triangle area formed by the string from the trigger box to the cams).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be sure arrow is all the way back to the string. The safety slides forward better if you use 2 fingers one on each side. Also Sniper triggers have quite a long travel and a fairly heavy pull.
As you can tell I'm new to this i didn't know I had to cock a bow every single time to use it. I'm an idiot. Everything is fine now. Thank you!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
You can also adjust the rope cocker by putting one hook on the bowstring and then wrap the cocking rope around you bow placing it in the groove. When the other hook is at the string take up some string through that handle until the hook is approx. 3" short of reaching the string. Make your knot there in that handle. Now just pull up on the bowstring with your hand to hook up that hook. This will shorten up your pull on the rope cocker making it easier for you to cock the bow.;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts