Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I didn't recover my deer last weekend with the bow, I decided to take out my new 350 Legend this am and get some meat in the freezer. It's just a little 4 point ,but he should taste great!!!

I let 6 does walk this morning, waiting on a big buck to follow, but he came behind them about a half hour later, nose to the ground. I know it's nothing to brag about, but meat for my freezer, FINALLY !!!

deer 2020 1.jpg

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Deer meat is deer meat. Congrats...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! Good and tasty I'd bet.

How is the recoil on that 350?
What recoil? I just bought that a couple weeks ago as my woods gun and have to say it's a pleasure to shoot and under one inch groups at 100 yards, right out of the box! I don't care for the stock, but not bad for a cheap Ruger.....

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Way to go! You got you one! Congrats.:)

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!

I was really sweating it this year after loosing my hunting land first of the year, that I've hunted the past several years. It's tough to start from scratch during bow(for me anyway) since baiting is illegal here. I found the deer but mostly out of range, then when I did get a shot last weekend with the bow, I blew it by rushing to collect it too soon, TWICE!

Funny thing is that the land I hunted for years is two properties down from mine and when I was tracking that wounded doe last weekend, it led me over towards there. So, low and behold, the deer I have hunted for years, over there, cross the back side of MY property ,LOL.

With all the does I'm seeing lately, there is bound to be a monster buck floating around somewhere here. For now I'm concentrating on getting meat in the freezer, then I can settle in and wait for a trophy......

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
What recoil? I just bought that a couple weeks ago as my woods gun and have to say it's a pleasure to shoot and under one inch groups at 100 yards, right out of the box! I don't care for the stock, but not bad for a cheap Ruger.....
Good to hear. The reason I ask is I'm looking into guns for the grandson. He's 7.

I have 2 ruger predator models one in 6.5 creedmoor go wild camo and the other in a 260 OD green and yeah the stocks and clips are garbage. I didn't pay more the 500 for the 2 of them new or I wouldn't have bought them. They shoot great but are cheap made budget rifles.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to hear. The reason I ask is I'm looking into guns for the grandson. He's 7.

I have 2 ruger predator models one in 6.5 creedmoor go wild camo and the other in a 260 OD green and yeah the stocks and clips are garbage. I didn't pay more the 500 for the 2 of them new or I wouldn't have bought them. They shoot great but are cheap made budget rifles.
Would be perfect for him! Like an idiot I sold my 35 Rem a few years back for $500 , because I was hunting fields more back then and wasn't using it. The last time I shot a deer with my Rem 270 WSM (140 gr) under 100 yards, it blew the opposite shoulder clean off,LOL. Just TOO much gun for woods hunting! The Ruger is a shooter, but cheap made for sure......

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I usually carry a 300 win mag or 300 ultra for rifle season if I hunt with a rifle for buck. If need be they will shoot through trees and reach way out there and kill em. LOL.

If I come across a 350 youth I'll snatch it up for him.

I load my own stuff for the rifles too so there are plenty of options. I just need a shorter stock he can shoulder good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts