Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
18,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just clicked the buy button on a Ravin R20 from Northwoods site. Kept going over hoping they were sold out and just could not resist at that price anymore. I hope I did not make a bad mistake but at the price do not see how I could go wrong if I do not like it.
I never thought I would own a Ravin but I am getting to the point where I am going to need a crank crossbow soon and it is a good deal.
Am I allowed to own a Ravin and a Scorpyd at the same time? :eek::p

· Registered
1,945 Posts
what......? you can t own a bow that people think could break your hand if your dumb enough to let go of the handle
and has horrible advertising even though it still way ahead of everything else, even in 2020.

You will be shocked at how many folks forget thier hypocrisy once the price is right.........;););)

Once you get use to this type of bow with this type of sliding trigger and decocking its really hard to settle for anything else. The trigger and bow weight is real nice too.
Farting around with docking a sled and rope a doping a set of hooks is now old school.
Just ask excal, Ravin and now Tenpoint

· Premium Member
6,190 Posts
Congrats Robert! Not sure you're allowed to own Ravin and Scorpyd at the same time,so I will be glad to take that little 420 off your hands,cheap even! LOL

· Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Congrats Robert !!!!
Nothing wrong with spreading the love !!!
Variety is the spice of life !!
Glad you got such a great deal to add that spice !!!

Reactions: robertyb

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,902 Posts
Congrats Robert!

14,512 Posts
I had breakfast … with 4 participants in a shotgun drive in a DMP the other day. In my experience, NOBODY other than us forum freaks knows much about crossbows. TWO of the four slug gunners recently bought Ravin crossbows. I know them, and I know how little they know about crossbows. From listening to their conversation, it was the 100 yard, Rifle BS that hooked them. Ravin, as reprehensible as their marketing is, was brilliant from a capitalism perspective. They also railed on about crazy expensive dedicated arrows...lol:rolleyes:

Since it was after the fact, I didn't go into a political rant with the two guys.:mad: Just recommended that they add a Jialitte scope level to counter the canting that the bow could be prone to. :)

· Registered
1,835 Posts
Ha!!!I feel your pain.I put that ravin in my cart twice and then scooted off the site before pulling out my paypal… It's a heck of a deal when you look at the new bow prices for sure....
Have fun with it and let us know how she shoots....

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Robert, Give us a report from package opening to the completion of first shooting session.

· Registered
92 Posts
I had breakfast … with 4 participants in a shotgun drive in a DMP the other day. In my experience, NOBODY other than us forum freaks knows much about crossbows. TWO of the four slug gunners recently bought Ravin crossbows. I know them, and I know how little they know about crossbows. From listening to their conversation, it was the 100 yard, Rifle BS that hooked them. Ravin, as reprehensible as their marketing is, was brilliant from a capitalism perspective. They also railed on about crazy expensive dedicated arrows...lol:rolleyes:

Since it was after the fact, I didn't go into a political rant with the two guys.:mad: Just recommended that they add a Jialitte scope level to counter the canting that the bow could be prone to. :)

I'll admit, when I was first attracted to crossbow hunting, I believed the 100yd BS.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.