Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I don't believe it. I can't imagine a crossbow with one cam:D But anything's possible I guess.

·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know the people

I heard it twice in an archery pro shop that sells Mathews. At least it will be a legitimate crossbow and not a missle launcher like what has pretty much hijacked this site.:eek:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Yep today, I was asked if I've shot a Mathews crossbow. Huh? Guess everyones diversifying to keep up with the times. A sales rep I spoke with today in the industry says verticals sales are flat. Imagine that?
Of course, they also told me Mathews claims to be the best. What company doesn't? I'd like to shoot one and learn what they got. Guess I got to find someone who actually owns one first though.

·
665 Posts
I wonder why vertical sales are flat? To many companies and to many choice's and some are way overly priced

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
OLDFLYER said:
G Girl

You sure someone ain't just pullin your leg? Their web site only shows compounds and recurves.
Well, it was the archery shops manager I've known for awhile. I went in to get my license today as Texas license expire Sunday. I looked over his crossbow selection and he had 3 ten points, and a Parker so we discussed ordering because he was out of Hortons and people were coming in asking about them. We got on the subject of the Mathews Crossbows and he was telling me they were claiming to be the best, and wanted my feedback. I donno nothing! Haven't even seen one.
Maybe they are like a Gold dealer item right now? He got the info from somewhere. I trust that.

We talk about all the different hunting products. I'm kinda a like Prostaffer for the shop as I buy and try everything new that comes in. Give it the thumbs up or down so he knows if he should stock more or not. It's the only shop in town anymore and way overpriced but.. they are the only. Verticals, he had one Browning and several PSE's.

They had a 10 point in there in the shelf for over a year. It was priced at $1,800.00 so I smirked and asked if it was gone yet, and he said a guy from Dallas bought it and called him later and said he was having so much fun with it. Thanked him for selling it to him. Okay then!
I also provide them hunting DVD's to play in the shop so I do my part on promoting Crossbow shooting.

·
1,544 Posts
G Girl
The curiousty was with regard to a Mathews crossbow. Was the Rep trying to get a reaction from you?

I was asking DaGriz for advice on a new bow. Now I am trying to locate a Desert Stryker to look at, but I am curious about a Mathews crossbow. The thought of a single cam crossbow is new territory and it scares me a little but I would still like to see one. Maybe they got something over everyone else?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
I just wonder how many of those harmonic dampers they're going to stick in it? :eek:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
You know, maybe you should do what I do when I really want to know about a product, which I did with another new company to the crossbow biz today. I called and asked for Marketing and Advertising and asked alot of questions pertaining to quality, mfg, specs & price, etc. Get it straight from the horses mouth. They'll tell you.
Look them up on the internet and get a phone number and call when they won't be at lunch. Let us know what you find out.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I hear rumors

Mathews Crossbow?:eek:

I would have to see it to believe it,sort of like Bigfoot.:D

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
hearing.

I saw the drawing,Guess it is possible.

·
665 Posts
OLDFLYER said:
Well, if the patent was awarded in 01, why don't they have it out yet?
they are waiting for more people to warm up to crossbow's and then they will introduce it and take the crossbow market my storm:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Darn! I hate when that happens!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts