Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't archery hunted in over 20 years ,I'm going to get back into it. A lot of sales going on right now. Looks like a guy can get into a really nice crossbow for $300 or under. I'm leaning towards the Barnett Whitetail Hunter 2 . What are your opinions on the Barnett or any other brands. Thanks!!

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
The TS370 comes with very high Recommendations.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
A new 2018 Barnett Drop Tine STR can be purchased for approximately $450.00 before tax. Before shooting this crossbow, level the cams and check to make sure the picatinny rail is level with the rail-stock in the direction the arrow lies.
Properly tuned, this is a very accurate, high quality crossbow. I have one and it is tuned to shoot well over Barnett's advertised speed taking into consideration any over weight arrow-point combinations than what Barnett supposedly used to obtain their advertised speed.

All the best with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Another suggestion, if possible, go to bowshops and try out different crossbows for length, weight width etc. Some bow shops may let you shoot the crossbow while others will not. Most likely a bow shop may push what they sell. If you find one that suits you, hold off a bit and check the classifieds, Ebay and Amazon where you may find one with extra accessories, has been up graded and a quite a bit less.

All the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.