Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having an issue. I have a stryker 380. I have been shooting bloodsports with rage hypodermic and have never had an issue. I wanted to go to a heavier arrow and a coc broad head. I'm now trying to shoot a Spynal Tapp arrow paired with a Magnus black hornet ser razor @ 503 grains. I can get 1 single arrow sighted in perfectly. I try to shoot another arrow... I'm way off... I'm talking 4" plus @ 20 yards. With every single one of them. Attached is the order that I had placed for the arrows. (Incase there were any questions about them) any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Call Jerry

Reactions: Lastnitebassist

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to try the rage practice tip... but the only target I have that's good is a brand new blob... I'm afraid that rage practice tip will get stuck.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Could be broadheads. If you call Jerry he will help you figure it out. If it is an arrow issue he will straighten it out. Best policy is call him first and let him take care of it. Customer Service at South Shore is A1.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I will do just that. I literally just had 2 sent back after refletch (my fault). I will give him a call this week. Thank you everyone for the advice. I will try all of this!

·
Registered
225 Posts
i was having problems trying to find broadheads to fly as my field points still am,went to some mechanicals and still had wild flights at times though i thought they might have partially opened on the shot ,but was thinking you know when you screw the broadhead in it is at a different orientation because i don't think they glue the inserts at the same thread orientation and then when you shoot the blades are on a different plane and act differently since you sight one in perfectly and the next arroiw poa is different

·
Registered
146 Posts
Odds are its not an arrow issue.

Those arrows are indexed, weight and spine matched so its very rare for the arrows to cause broadhead inconsistencies

Give me a call and we will work through it. If the arrows are the issue we will replace them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
meaning that the broadhead planes different unless the heads are lined up the same
I sorta tried that. I tried using o rings to make the blades match the hen vanes (it's a 2 blade with small bleeder blades). They were still flying differently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Odds are its not an arrow issue.

Those arrows are indexed, weight and spine matched so its very rare for the arrows to cause broadhead inconsistencies

Give me a call and we will work through it. If the arrows are the issue we will replace them
That's what I was thinking. When is a good time to call?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm with the majority here. I say it's the broadheads. The easiest way to decipher the issue would be as BigBowMan said, and fire off some Rage heads or something similar, just to see if they are still flying as erratic. You should also try the new heads on the Bloodsport arrows and see if they do the same thing. I highly doubt they will. Tuning non mechanical heads to fly consistently can be a real PITA and is often painstaking to accomplish. I will assume you weighed each head just to be SURE they are within specs, as It's not impossible you got defective heads that aren't the same weight, albeit I'd think to be that far off they would have to be like 25 grains different. Please let us know what it was once you get it figured out. I'm curious for sure!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm with the majority here. I say it's the broadheads. The easiest way to decipher the issue would be as BigBowMan said, and fire off some Rage heads or something similar, just to see if they are still flying as erratic. You should also try the new heads on the Bloodsport arrows and see if they do the same thing. I highly doubt they will. Tuning non mechanical heads to fly consistently can be a real PITA and is often painstaking to accomplish. I will assume you weighed each head just to be SURE they are within specs, as It's not impossible you got defective heads that aren't the same weight, albeit I'd think to be that far off they would have to be like 25 grains different. Please let us know what it was once you get it figured out. I'm curious for sure!
I will try that for sure. Thank you! Do you think it's a bad idea using the rage broad heads in a new blob? With the black hornets they came right out, the rage do not feel as durable. Or do you think it would be ok to just use the practice head?

·
217 Posts
Magnus broadheads are usually very accurate. Don't think its arrow problem. Check your cam timing and bolts on the crossbow. Sometimes if the timing is little off, it will still shoot mechanical and field points good, but fix blades will magnify the problem.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's what I was thinking. When is a good time to call?
We will be back in the shop on monday. When you call my partner Eric will answer if he isnt in the shop have him call you back when he gets in so I will be part of the conversation.

I didnt realize the arrows were spine and weight matched as tight as you can get them from us so that makes it even less of a chance that it is the arrows.

If you have time today try this,

You have one arrow that is spot on so move that head to each of the other arrows one at a time and shoot them with that head to see if they come together. If they do then its the heads if they dont this it could be the arrows

Also the rubber O rings are not a good idea, you need the metal to metal contact of the head and insert for perfect alignment.

Also it was suggested earlier in this thread that orienting the heads the same helps, fact is it does not. There is a perception in archery that the blades have to be oriented the same to be consistent.

Think about that perception for a minute.

IFFFFFF it worked it would prove the heads spin concentrically at one degree of orientation but not at another degree of orientation because during flight if a broadhead steers a head at a given degree of orientation it is going to steer that head no matter where its oriented.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry duplicate post

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Magnus broadheads are usually very accurate. Don't think its arrow problem. Check your cam timing and bolts on the crossbow. Sometimes if the timing is little off, it will still shoot mechanical and field points good, but fix blades will magnify the problem.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
I just had a complete tune up on it. Strings, cables ect. But I will check the timing and make sure that its on. Thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We will be back in the shop on monday. When you call my partner Eric will answer if he isnt in the shop have him call you back when he gets in so I will be part of the conversation.

I didnt realize the arrows were spine and weight matched as tight as you can get them from us so that makes it even less of a chance that it is the arrows.

If you have time today try this,

You have one arrow that is spot on so move that head to each of the other arrows one at a time and shoot them with that head to see if they come together. If they do then its the heads if they dont this it could be the arrows

Also the rubber O rings are not a good idea, you need the metal to metal contact of the head and insert for perfect alignment.

Also it was suggested earlier in this thread that orienting the heads the same helps, fact is it does not. There is a perception in archery that the blades have to be oriented the same to be consistent.

Think about that perception for a minute.

IFFFFFF it worked it would prove the heads spin concentrically at one degree of orientation but not at another degree of orientation because during flight if a broadhead steers a head at a given degree of orientation it is going to steer that head no matter where its oriented.
I will give this a try and if it doesn't help, I will give you guys a call on Monday... Thank you!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts