Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a perfectionist and just about as anal as they come. I also have a tendency once in a while to say or write things in a hurry or tired without considering how it will be taken or come accross.

I have a motto I have tried to follow and most of the time I do follow it very well. When I dont and I realize it im never to proud to admit the failure

That motto is

The things you say today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story

I would love to be perfect but that title only goes to one man that ever walked the earth.

So I am publicly stating the way I posted my thoughts about your loop end serving process was wrong. Frankly it was an asshat comment.

So I apologize

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
I've seen GAS strings and I think they are well made. They close their end loops like I do and Rogue does them the same way. It's the best way to do it for Endless Loop style strings but I do it differently for strings on a recurve due to the larger loop and more weight is placed on it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen GAS strings and I think they are well made. They close their end loops like I do and Rogue does them the same way. It's the best way to do it for Endless Loop style strings but I do it differently for strings on a recurve due to the larger loop and more weight is placed on it.
All string companies except gas use a traditional serving process to finish end loops

Gas uses a random crisscross process which to some including myself looks unfinished

I posted my opinion about it in an unfiltered, unprofessional way

So I apologized

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
Appearance isn't everything. I thought you were talking about something else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jerry,

Thank you for your post. I sometimes tend to take things too personally, but I think that’s what happens when we have pride in our brands that we’ve worked hard to build.
Again, I really appreciate the post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Appearance isn't everything. I thought you were talking about something else.
My comment was based on appearance, though I feel appearance add or detracts from the look of a product. it was based on how material support themselves based on the way they are laid down. IMHO if you serve laying down wrap after wrap in the same direction each wrap supports the previous wrap and the next wrap support the wrap before it increasing the strength of the serving. Likewise I believe if you crisscross wraps there is little to no support for the previous wraps especially at points where the force of the bow tries to open the loop

Again this is my opinion and what I made the comment based on. Now had I made that comment as I just did here there would not have been a blow up on that post, it would not have been been locked and I would not have felt the need to apologize

On a side not the mods did not contact me I made the apology because it was the write thing to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My comment was based on appearance, though I feel appearance add or detracts from the look of a product. Tt was based on how material support themselves based on the way they are laid down. IMHO if you serve laying down wrap after wrap in the same direction each wrap supports the previous wrap and the next wrap support the wrap before it increasing the strength of the serving. Likewise I believe if you crisscross wraps there is little to no support for the previous wraps especially at points where the force of the bow tries to open the loop

Again this is my opinion and what I made the comment based on. Now had I made that comment as I just did here there would not have been a blow up on that post, it would not have been been locked and I would not have felt the need to apologize

On a side not the mods did not contact me I made the apology because it was the write thing to do.
As someone who has a technical understanding of the bowstring, I would be happy to “talk tech” sometime and provide a detailed explanation of the quad-lock process and our technical reasons behind using this rather than more traditional methods.

Thanks again for the post.

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
I had a big paragraph typed up 3 times and couldn't get it to post. Everytime I would refresh the page I would have to retype my comment. What's happening?
I'll be surprised if this posts !

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
I had a big paragraph typed up 3 times and couldn't get it to post. Everytime I would refresh the page I would have to retype my comment. What's happening?
I'll be surprised if this posts !
Start making a copy of your post so you can just paste it back in if you have to do a refresh.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
What the official company name for Eric @ GAS? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts