Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey shot my new crossbow today really for the first time seriously. Fired a couple of groups from a bench.

My first group with her was pretty good tore a hole in a fletch from 20 yards.

My buddy Austin shot his first ever group also with a crossbow here's his first three shots in his life with an xbow!

This was pre sighted in for me by Danny Miller I'll sight to my own liking but for now it's not to bad needs a little tweaking is all!

~HF~

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!

I've got a bitzenburger!LOL!

Yeah I plan to shoot at five spot targets from now on I just had to see what it'd do. Not bad for the first time trying to group. I've now fired it 6 times total and my buddy has fired it 3 times.

Yesterday I shot offhand and all were in a 5" group!

Wait till I get used to the trigger and tune that scope in a little! :)

~HF~

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost scored a Robin Hood!

At first I was a little disappointed it appeared like my buddy out shot me! But then I noticed from the pics that my 2nd arrow went in at an angle. I knew that I had poked a hole in one of the vanes.

But if you look close at the picture you will see where I hit the back of the 1st arrow with the 2nd shot nicked the insert a little. Just a hairs breath away from a Robin Hood!!

I did a lot of that back when I used to shoot a compound but that was after several years of practice. So far I fired the crossbow 6 times 3 off hand shots late Friday evening and 3 Saturday.

I can see that I will not shoot at the same spot anymore period not even off hand. Believe me I'll shoot it a lot more once we get moved. We are in the process of moving what a job! LOL!

Thanks Excalibur for making such a good product!

~HF~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts