Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a big fan of these - have worn snake boots but never felt that safe as although it’s uncommon for a snake to bite above the knee it can definitely happen. Don’t get me wrong they’re not the most comfortable thing ever but after you break them in I barely even notice I’m wearing them. I cleared shooting lanes and stands on 12 separate stands/areas yesterday and was pretty impressed.

Luckily I didn’t see a single snake which was surprising but I’m not complaining!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use to wear knee high strap around your boots when I was fishing the creeks after a big rain. Lots of cottonmouths and copperheads around here. Are they hot to wear ? Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use to wear knee high strap around your boots when I was fishing the creeks after a big rain. Lots of cottonmouths and copperheads around here. Are they hot to wear ? Thanks for sharing
Definitely a little warmer but not as hot as I anticipated. It doesn’t bother me when I’m working out on the farm and setting up cams etc. because I’m already sweating like crazy but during bow season I don’t think they will be that bad at all since I’m only walking from truck to stand and back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine are only knee high but I wear them every time I go into the woods until a hard frost. Heck I even wear them when I mow the lower yard. I've killed 15 copperheads in my yard since we built this house three years ago...
:cautious:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Whitetailzombie, You need some outdoor cats believe it or no,t they can control or eliminate your snake problem. It works for us here in TEXAS.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Another hint Zombie. Put out those green mouse killer squares. Does two things: No food and the snakes go elsewhere. Also, if a mouse gets poisoned and then a snake eats it, the snake dies. My camp was bad off with copperheads and after regular doses of mouse killer and seeing several dead snakes, haven't seen one all year. (Now watch me step on one this weekend.)

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
I just purchased some snake gators after standing and not noticing a timber rattler was less then 10' from me. These things are hard as a rock.

Reactions: waj30

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I just purchased some snake gators after standing and not noticing a timber rattler was less then 10' from me. These things are hard as a rock.
We have our share of those Timbers around my house also. I had a bail of straw covered in black plastic I keep for the chicken coop. I go out one day to put fresh straw in the laying box,lift the plastic up and there lays coiled up a big boy! My hand wasn't 6 inches from it when I lifted the plastic. I went in and got the 12 gauge,then dispatched him. It had twelve rattles and a button. As big around as my arm and about 5 feet long. That's two I've killed out at the chicken pen in the last couple years,but I don't use BLACK plastic anymore!
I invested in gaiters myself,just in case! I have Crackshot Guardz Gaiters and they are comfortable. Plus the company backs them 100% with a million dollar policy if any customer gets bit through their product. that covers,treatment,hospital stay or in the event of death. Hoping I never have to test their guarantee ,LOL.

Reactions: waj30

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
That black plastic really held in warmth. Sort of like a neon sign to snakes saying free luxury motel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts