Same here.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol....I tried to click on "full image" but this is the best it could do

·
8,870 Posts
Looks … good on my computer screen! :) But does it work???;)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who wants to be the guinea pig how about you Duke jump in and try one.....

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

·
8,870 Posts
Who wants to be the guinea pig how about you Duke jump in and try one.....

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
Not me! … I'm reluctant to say it but I "think" I may have finally learned my lesson with inexpensive scopes. :oops: Like the magic broadhead that everyone seeks, I've wasted enough money chasing premium performance from economy level crossbow optics to buy a Zeiss, Swarovski or Nightforce.:oops::eek: Besides, I wouldn't run a speed ring anyway. And I'm the antithesis of a low magnification advocate. So that's three strikes and it's out!...lol:ROFLMAO:

Does this look like I want a 1-4x, speed ring, entry level crossbow scope??? :p;) My speed ring reads "3x-15x" and my reticle is in MOA.:).

Reactions: SEW and kurtthrun

·
Registered
125 Posts
If your going to end up at 1 - 4 magnification you my as well use a red dot and a jacking plate. I am sure the yardage lines on scope wont match up all the way out to 100y without playing with the speed ring and using a different setting for 20 - 60-70 and another setting for beyond 60 - 70 to 100 yards and even then it wouldn't be spot on.

I am thinking if your interested in shots beyond 70Y you are most likely a target shooter. If your shooting for target accuracy beyond 70Y then a 4x magnification speed ring style scope without AO inst going to cut it.

Even when I had 10x magnification I was craving more at anything beyond 60Y. I'm starting to think if you cant see the location of your arrow in the target after the shot (at what ever distance) you don't have enough magnification to shoot your best at that range.

Iron Duke how many inches long is that vortex scope (is it the Viper at 14+"?). I'm thinking on my particular crossbow once a scope is longer that 12" it gets difficult to mount it forward enough. The Bushnell I had for a few weeks was 12.5" and wall borderline in length. Though it would depend in where the turrets are placed.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
If your going to end up at 1 - 4 magnification you my as well use a red dot and a jacking plate. I am sure the yardage lines on scope wont match up all the way out to 100y without playing with the speed ring and using a different setting for 20 - 60-70 and another setting for beyond 60 - 70 to 100 yards and even then it wouldn't be spot on.

I am thinking if your interested in shots beyond 70Y you are most likely a target shooter. If your shooting for target accuracy beyond 70Y then a 4x magnification speed ring style scope without AO inst going to cut it.

Even when I had 10x magnification I was craving more at anything beyond 60Y. I'm starting to think if you cant see the location of your arrow in the target after the shot (at what ever distance) you don't have enough magnification to shoot your best at that range.

Iron Duke how many inches long is that vortex scope (is it the Viper at 14+"?). I'm thinking on my particular crossbow once a scope is longer that 12" it gets difficult to mount it forward enough. The Bushnell I had for a few weeks was 12.5" and wall borderline in length. Though it would depend in where the turrets are placed.
That was very well summarized. I have come across where a longer scope helps me have more forward travel for more eye relief and, face fit over some shorter scopes.

·
8,870 Posts

First … it's the Vortex Viper PST GenII 3-15x44mm @ 14.3" long. Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 I love the clarity and available magnification to go with the adjustable objective lens down to 20 yards. The reticle is busy for the way I shoot deer but it's hard to get everything you want in a scope.

I hearya about longing for more magnification at 10x...lol Couple years ago I was testing a Proof Research carbon fiber barrel against the bull barrel on my Les Baer AR15 Super Match. At 100 yards & 15x I was feeling exactly the same thing. Kept on thinking to myself that I could really use some additional magnification looking through the 3-15x Nightforce. Next rifle I bought I went to a 5-25 scope.

Reactions: kurtthrun
1 - 20 of 21 Posts