Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

· Registered
1,904 Posts
Tenpoint Siege, I like reverse draw due to longer power stroke and balance. Tenpoint has always been there for the customer if needed.

Excalibur Mag 340 would be a close second. Ease of maintenance, great customer service and on the lighter side if that is a concern.

5,014 Posts
Excal Mag 340. CS and warranty is unmatched no need for a press. Reliability should be there in spades. Accuracy is easier to achieve with a mid speed to low speed excalibur. They will border line shoot a old piece of water pipe :). Tuning amounts to adjusting the brace height. Get a good flemish string and that task just became pretty quickly something you used to do.

Another bow would be a Mission from my experience CS and warranty walk hand in hand with Excalibur. Again no press needed they have adjustable poundage. I have used 2 missions for 7 or 8 years tuning is something i do when i need to reserve my strings (center serving) thats just because i had to take the string off. Accuracy isn't Excal easy to get but its not hard. You can have a way easier bow to cock way quieter shooting bow than a excal shooting the same speed or even faster.

They both can easily be uncocked after your hunt without shooting huge plus in my book.

15,015 Posts
Ten Point ... Siege by 30 lengths. Excalibur trailing all the way and coming in second. Ravin held the lead until the ¼ pole but broke down and is out of the race. :)

· Premium Member
TP RS470, Ravin R29x, Excal 400, Sub1 Xr
1,318 Posts
I currently have the R26, Siege and Excalibur 400 suppressor. All are terrific bows. Must choose one? The Tenpoint Siege. Fits me perfectly and as stated above, is backed by a company that supports their products.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
Probably my BowTech 390 solution, and then the Raven 29x, I just make sure I changed the strings and cables at least once a year on the Ravin. And I haven't had any problems. Both have excellent triggers but if I can only have one it would probably be the 390

· Registered
399 Posts
I currently have the R26, Siege and Excalibur 400 suppressor. All are terrific bows. Must choose one? The Tenpoint Siege. Fits me perfectly and as stated above, is backed by a company that supports their products.
How much do the Suppressor and Siege weigh with a scope and whatever sound deadening you use on them??? It always seems that weight is what I keep focusing on ahead of balance.

· Premium Member
4,718 Posts
What is the number of question posts that finally leads to a crossbow purchase by blakeman? Been over a year now, IIRC. ;)
I think he bought a Ravin R10 last year, right? 🤷‍♂️ Looking for more compact bow #2, maybe?

Anyway... if you are looking for smaller I would go Siege. Never had a Ravin, probably never will so can't help you there. Excal if you want ease of maint, etc and a lighter bow. Hard to compare the 2 with almost 100 fps difference. Apples to oranges IMO. It all comes down to a person's preference.
If I was debating I would try to find deals on all 3, buy them, try them and sell the ones I didn't like! 🤣🤣😳

· Premium Member
6,441 Posts
I think he bought a Ravin R10 last year, right? 🤷‍♂️ Looking for more compact bow #2, maybe?

Anyway... if you are looking for smaller I would go Siege. Never had a Ravin, probably never will so can't help you there. Excal if you want ease of maint, etc and a lighter bow. Hard to compare the 2 with almost 100 fps difference. Apples to oranges IMO. It all comes down to a person's preference.
If I was debating I would try to find deals on all 3, buy them, try them and sell the ones I didn't like! 🤣🤣😳
Your new motto....BUY THEM ALL!

You crack me up! LOL

· Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
1,574 Posts
Excalibur Mag 340
Ten point Siege 410
Ravin R26
Looking at smaller crossbows, if there's some out there, I overlooked one please share your thoughts and Ideas.
You know I'll say Excalibur.
Simple, accurate, dependable, no press, great warrantee. and 40 years of quality.
Good luck and God bless.

15,015 Posts
1 - 20 of 122 Posts