Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

· Premium Member
6,442 Posts
That doesn’t sound like every other Ravin owner on this site. They all want an anti dry fire before they buy something else cause they always pulling the trigger with no arrow loaded.
I think you're thinking of Tenpoint? Ravin has a anti-dryfire, Tenpoint don't.

· Registered
2,395 Posts
I think you're thinking of Tenpoint? Ravin has a anti-dryfire, Tenpoint don't.
No. I’m talking about Ravin owners and their constant need for safety features and how they always talk they would buy a tenpoint if it had a real dry fire prevention feature but then he goes on to say he holds the dog and creates a safety hazard for himself and that doesn’t sound like how all the Ravin owners on here talk.

· Premium Member
6,442 Posts
No. I’m talking about Ravin owners and their constant need for safety features and how they always talk they would buy a tenpoint if it had a real dry fire prevention feature but then he goes on to say he holds the dog and creates a safety hazard for himself and that doesn’t sound like how all the Ravin owners on here talk.
Ok, I reckon I mis-understood.

Reactions: The man.

· Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
996 Posts
What does an ADF have to do with my post about decocking? Have you ever even shot a Ravin?
I shot one a while back, didn't care for the taste. Might have needed more seasonings!! 🤣😂🤣

3,957 Posts
I can't even afford 1...haha....I obviously joined the wrong site. This is a rich man's game...lol:D
Don't be afraid to buy a used bow and not just the Mag 340. The Mag 340 is absolutely not the "best bow" Excalibur makes. The list of great hunting Excaliburs is surprisingly long. You'll still have warranty and it will shoot like new!

· Registered
417 Posts
If you can't hold onto 12 lbs of pressure for a few seconds you really shouldn't be shooting a Ravin in the first place. I decock my R20 every time I do not shoot at an animal and I can barely make a fist with my right hand which holds the crank because of arthritis in my fingers. It is really easy to do as long as you pay attention.
Absolutely as you’ve said rule # 1. Pay attention. Decocking feature works perfectly for me with almost zero effort!

· Registered
Ten Point Flatline 460 / Excalibur Assassin 400 TD
2,739 Posts
If you can't hold onto 12 lbs of pressure for a few seconds you really shouldn't be shooting a Ravin in the first place. I decock my R20 every time I do not shoot at an animal and I can barely make a fist with my right hand which holds the crank because of arthritis in my fingers. It is really easy to do as long as you pay attention.
You got that right Robert...I have shot R 26 for last 4 seasons. Hundreds of decocking episopes...wanna know how many close calls I had??? ZERO. Kinda like riding a bike...pretty easy

· Administrator
TP Nitro 505 x2,Stealth 450, Sub 1 XR,
2,785 Posts
You got that right Robert...I have shot R 26 for last 4 seasons. Hundreds of decocking episopes...wanna know how many close calls I had??? ZERO. Kinda like riding a bike...pretty easy
Thought same thing until I did it lol. Ended up with a black thumb nail and a snapped off trigger box push lever on R20 Not hard to have it happen.

· Registered
909 Posts
Don't be afraid to buy a used bow and not just the Mag 340. The Mag 340 is absolutely not the "best bow" Excalibur makes. The list of great hunting Excaliburs is surprisingly long. You'll still have warranty and it will shoot like new!
That's was my first thought. If comparing the TP Siege RS410 & the Ravin R26 to Excalibur, their price range should allow someone to consider the entire Excalibur line up.

I can honestly say I don't come away learning all that much from this type of thread.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
Well....I currently have a scorpyd 175 extreme,an R 26 and a ten point 400 super narrow bow that I have yet to get my hot little paws on.
I've previously owned the excal micro 335,the Matrox 380,and the oldr wide limbed bow .
If I could only gave one for the zombie apocalypse, it would be the old wide limbed axiom.
A spare set of limbs , 2 strings, a stringer and 3000 arrows and bring it.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts