Crossbow Nation banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

Registered
No. I鈥檓 talking about Ravin owners and their constant need for safety features and how they always talk they would buy a tenpoint if it had a real dry fire prevention feature but then he goes on to say he holds the dog and creates a safety hazard for himself and that doesn鈥檛 sound like how all the Ravin owners on here talk.
Not sure what your talking about. I own a Ravin. I have had no issues. I have to ask have you owned a Ravin?

Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
He鈥檚 Canadian and there is less zombies there. The zombie apocalypse preparation manual is rewritten for each country. 馃槂
You have a point.
However, since the Canadian arrow is slightly less valued than the American arrow exchange rate, have the manuals compensated for a more accurate count?

Registered
In regards to customer service I must say I have had great experience with both Excalibur and Tenpoint. I can't really give the edge to one over the other.

The reverse draw Tenpoint are very nice I have the Havoc and just recently got the Nitro, but I have owned Excaliburs for alot longer and the simplicity and ease of maintenance, and low cost of ownership really keep Excalibur high on my list even though they aren't reaching the arrow speeds of tenpoint

Registered
You might not be one of the guys thy say this but you鈥檙e active enough on this forum that you鈥檝e heard it countless times.
you know it鈥檚 tough to want to own a ravin at this point in time.
I just recommended a 29X to a good friend of mine . He loves it. As long as you do the required maintenance and change the cable and strings once a year. You shouldn't have any issues. The only thing I detest of the Raven setup is there lighted nocks. I will bash with the rest of you guys on that one.

Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
馃槀

to be honest, I don鈥檛 speak Canadian so I鈥檓 not sure 馃槂
I'm not fluent, but according to the zombie apocalypse arrow exchange rate app on my phone, 7500 American arrows = 13,800 Canadian arrows. (Give or take a fletching....)

Registered
Mission MXB-360, Mission Sub-1 XR
Don't see mission mentioned too much when talking about what bow to get? Once or twice. Do they suck or what?
No, they certainly do not suck. They have the best warranty of any crossbow manufacturer, are generally reliable and very good shooting. Their BOS (back-out-system) for their limb bolts allow you to change strings and cables yourself without a press. The beef folks have with Mission, is they stick to what works and don't introduce new products every year. They're not chasing speed, and are not the most compact bows (width) compared to Ravins and TenPoints. I'm a Mission owner (Sub-1XR and still have my MXB-360.) What I like about my XR is that it's ambidextrous (I'm left handed) and the ability to rope cock and de-cock. I also really like the two-stage trigger. It's comparable to what have on my high end (Performamce Center) Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol. It's spectacular.

Registered
What does an ADF have to do with my post about decocking? Have you ever even shot a Ravin?
[/QU
No, they certainly do not suck. They have the best warranty of any crossbow manufacturer, are generally reliable and very good shooting. Their BOS (back-out-system) for their limb bolts allow you to change strings and cables yourself without a press. The beef folks have with Mission, is they stick to what works and don't introduce new products every year. They're not chasing speed, and are not the most compact bows (width) compared to Ravins and TenPoints. I'm a Mission owner (Sub-1XR and still have my MXB-360.) What I like about my XR is that it's ambidextrous (I'm left handed) and the ability to rope cock and de-cock. I also really like the two-stage trigger. It's comparable to what have on my high end (Performamce Center) Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol. It's spectacular.
I know Lancaster Archery was high on Mission crossbows when I was looking.

Registered
Is that some kind of Canadian language? EH !:unsure:
Haha! Nope! Keep It Simple Stupid. Have you never heard or seen that?
Yes I have heard of that before. Now don't take this personal, as I was just yanking your chain, however I have a peeve about people using acronyms, like everybody on earth should know what they mean. :(
I guess I am just to old school, with the mentality that if you can't spell it out, Why bother? :unsure: YAJGTPPO;)

Yes I have heard of that before. Now don't take this personal, as I was just yanking your chain, however I have a peeve about people using acronyms, like everybody on earth should know what they mean. :(
I guess I am just to old school, with the mentality that if you can't spell it out, Why bother? :unsure: YAJGTPPO;)
Yeah and... SEW is the worst. :p 馃槀 The government, particularly the military loves'm. OMG, SEW spent too much time flying for the DOD in the USAF with WSOs using ECM and ducking AAA. ;) His comfort with acronyms has bled over to the CBN and has me pondering and playing word games with his acronym entries all the time....LOL I wouldn't mind so much if I could remember them once I figure them out. Alas, each time is another puzzle. o_O馃槀;)
Smile Gesture Finger Font Sharing

• Haha
Reactions: Tnmtns and AJ01

Registered
Yeah and... SEW is the worst. :p 馃槀 The government, particularly the military loves'm. OMG, SEW spent too much time flying for the DOD in the USAF with WSOs using ECM and ducking AAA. ;) His comfort with acronyms has bled over to the CBN and has me pondering and playing word games with his acronym entries all the time....LOL I wouldn't mind so much if I could remember them once I figure them out. Alas, each time is another puzzle. o_O馃槀;)
View attachment 245425
Recently,slugo was dropped. :oops:

Registered
Ten Point Flatline 460 / Excalibur Assassin 400 TD
View attachment 245425
Well Duke...SEW....Ramrod...Others..myself have spent many years in the military. In that vocation we were forced to use communications often in dangerous scenarios with like minded people who understood these acronyms. Example when in a firefight and you need help seconds do count. So we became really good at cutting to the point fast and then telling what we need and where and when. So these habits are hard to break prob easiest thing to do would be just ask for clarification when needed?

Well Duke...SEW....Ramrod...Others..myself have soent many years in the military. In that vocation we were forced to use communications often in dangerous scenarios with like minded people who understood these acronyms. Example when in a firefight and you need help seconds do count. So we became really good at cutting to the point fast and then telling what we need and where and when. So these habits are hard to break prob easiest thing to do would be just ask for clarification when needed?
And telling the wife that she鈥檚 going to FUBAR that thing ASAP never goes over well. Usually responded by hand language:oops: which is a couple of steps above an acronym in my house:oops:

81 - 100 of 122 Posts