Crossbow Nation banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

· Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Yeah and... SEW is the worst. :p 😂 The government, particularly the military loves'm. OMG, SEW spent too much time flying for the DOD in the USAF with WSOs using ECM and ducking AAA. ;) His comfort with acronyms has bled over to the CBN and has me pondering and playing word games with his acronym entries all the time....LOL I wouldn't mind so much if I could remember them once I figure them out. Alas, each time is another puzzle. o_O😂;)
View attachment 245425
YOU have a lot of room to talk about pondering! I don't know how many times I've had to copy and paste some of the words you use in your story telling on google, just to figure out what the heck you're talking about! LOL

But, it has made me smarter, for the few minutes I remember their meanings.....

15,015 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to pitch in & get Duke "Hooked on Phonics"?
Fohgeddaboudit ... I DO spell words like they sound to me and I wore out two spell correct apps! Have you ever heard of somebody "wearing out" software??? And, I come from Jersey. We learned English from instructors from Brooklyn. One of the first programs on my 1988 286 DOS computer was a grammar correcting program called "Grammatix." The program banned me and locked me out of the program on my own computer because it said I overworked it! But first it hurled insults at me on the screen that would make a Longshoreman blush. "Hooked on Phonics," indeed. :rolleyes: :p😂;)

· Registered
522 Posts
Guess you could go to your local bow shop or Cabela's and try out the three your looking at..I love my R10 but what I've been hear on here there C.S. has gone to the pot😞 well it wasn't that way when I first got my ravin back in 2019, they were on top of there game. Good luck deciding
Our Bass Pro in nearby town won’t let us try any bow unless we buy it first.
Hopefully yours will. When we visited Branson, Missouri we went to the original Bass Pro…impressive museum to say the least! Well worth the trip. We peaked into the BP outlet and they had a huge rack of marked down Excaliburs of various models.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
If you have something to say about me then be a man and say it to me. I may have been stiring the pot or just trying to have a little fun but some of you ravin fan boys panties get in a bunch real easy 😂
If you have something to say about me then be a man and say it to me. I may have been stiring the pot or just trying to have a little fun but some of you ravin fan boys panties get in a bunch real easy 😂
I think what he meant it's aok to make your point, maybe even a couple of times. But it gets old after a while.
Now to combat that you can say don't read the threads. Hard not to read when every other thread is a hard on for Ravin in General discussion.
And since you mentioned panties on us men a few times now. Ya really got me wondering. 🤣

· Registered
2,395 Posts
I think what he meant it's aok to make your point, maybe even a couple of times. But it gets old after a while.
Now to combat that you can say don't read the threads. Hard not to read when every other thread is a hard on for Ravin in General discussion.
And since you mentioned panties on us men a few times now. Ya really got me wondering. 🤣
I get it and I understand and that is why I said what I originally said about Ravin guys saying “I’ll buy when tp has a real anti dry fire, I’ve heard it a million times so I was just poking fun but obviously I have rubbed robert the wrong way. I don’t see much hating on Ravin but it is possible and even with the few that blew up lately I never saw much hate like how someone who is brand new shows up just hating on whatever bow blew up on them but I usually just forget who was hating and what they were hating on. I’ve been through enough in life that I just don’t like negativity and I try to be positive on here and even helpful and sometimes funny n sometimes my sense of humor upsets someone and if they let me know that they didn’t like it, then I address their issue(edit delete etc) and I apologize for it. I don’t feel I’ve even hated Ravin, just clowned some of their crazy fan boys. I usually don’t even repeat myself.
I also don’t think I’ve mentioned men in panties more then once but you saying that had me literally laughing out loud and that’s how it should be. Life is to short be wound tight, negative, or a hater. I appreciate your translation for him.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
I get it and I understand and that is why I said what I originally said about Ravin guys saying “I’ll buy when tp has a real anti dry fire, I’ve heard it a million times so I was just poking fun but obviously I have rubbed robert the wrong way. I don’t see much hating on Ravin but it is possible and even with the few that blew up lately I never saw much hate like how someone who is brand new shows up just hating on whatever bow blew up on them but I usually just forget who was hating and what they were hating on. I’ve been through enough in life that I just don’t like negativity and I try to be positive on here and even helpful and sometimes funny n sometimes my sense of humor upsets someone and if they let me know that they didn’t like it, then I address their issue(edit delete etc) and I apologize for it. I don’t feel I’ve even hated Ravin, just clowned some of their crazy fan boys. I usually don’t even repeat myself.
I also don’t think I’ve mentioned men in panties more then once but you saying that had me literally laughing out loud and that’s how it should be. Life is to short be wound tight, negative, or a hater. I appreciate your translation for him.
I bet it was AJ/. WWB that told you I wear pink panties. He is the only one allowed in my ground blind..
All kidding aside , we all agree Ravin better get their act together. Especially for us guys that own them . Competition is good for all of us.

· Registered
2,395 Posts
I bet it was AJ/. WWB that told you I wear pink panties. He is the only one allowed in my ground blind..
All kidding aside , we all agree Ravin better get their act together. Especially for us guys that own them . Competition is good for all of us.
😂 He didn’t say anything but a picture is worth a 1000 words 😆 but I might be scarred for life now after seeing that 👀
I sure hope they do too. I like their out of the box approach to xbows. If that little R18 was released on time then I would have had one.

15,015 Posts
Excal.. only one string to worry about and can be replaced on the go
So slow ... why would you ever need to replace a string? :unsure: :p

· Registered
1,016 Posts
The Ten Point & Ravin models you are asking about are pushing the $2,000 price range, and there are many good choices for under $2,000 in my opinion. I don't have a clue why you would care about which crossbow someone else or I would prefer?

Ravin fan boys like Ravins.
Ten Point fan boys like Ten Points.
Excalibur fan boys like Excaliburs.

Knowing that doesn't help me shop for a crossbow at all. I need to sit down & decide what features are most important to me, & then decide which crossbow fits that best for ME!

Something I will value in my next crossbow - I want a crossbow that is reliable, easy to maintain, & easy to work on. I tend to keep things for a long time, & an established company that will be here tomorrow is a plus.
Not always true here. I like Ravin a lot....have 3 of them. But I also like the Mission Sub 1 XR a whole bunch and have 2 of those. Out of a tripod/treestand, I like the R29/R29X as they are extremely maneuverable and narrow. Off the ground.....the XR and the R10X are really great. And, to be honest, the trigger on the XR is about the best I have seen....and whole bunch quieter than the Ravin.

· Registered
909 Posts
Not always true here. I like Ravin a lot....have 3 of them. But I also like the Mission Sub 1 XR a whole bunch and have 2 of those. Out of a tripod/treestand, I like the R29/R29X as they are extremely maneuverable and narrow. Off the ground.....the XR and the R10X are really great. And, to be honest, the trigger on the XR is about the best I have seen....and whole bunch quieter than the Ravin.
Conclusion - You like Ravin a lot & Mission, too.

I'm sure a number of guys like more than one brand of crossbows (just like rifles & shotguns). :)

101 - 120 of 122 Posts