Crossbow Nation banner

If you HAD to buy a 2021 Model today, which would it be?

• TenPoint Siege RS410

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • TenPoint Havoc RS440

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • TenPoint Havoc RS440 with Garmin XERO Scope/Rangefinder

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Excalibur TwinStrike

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Swat X1

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Ravin R500

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Ravin R500E (Electric Cranker)

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ravin R18

Votes: 3 2.8%
61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
9,766 Posts
It is a 12 volt Marty. Here is a link showing it.
Milwaukee?... Looks like my 12vt Milwaukee battery and charger. Of course it probably has some minor change to make it Ravin proprietary.

·
333 Posts
For me it's all about simplicity, I will wait and see what Scorpyd introduce. All the speed in the world is worthless if something goes wrong with whatever part of the crossbow and you need a qualified tech to work on it.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Milwaukee?... Looks like my 12vt Milwaukee battery and charger. Of course it probably has some minor change to make it Ravin proprietary.
Yep for certain. I looked at that and the piece it plugs into and laughed. All it does is plug into the crank hole to crank electronically and a small battery operated screwdriver should do the same thing. In fact I bet 98% of us can hand crank it with no issues at all. It weighs around 2 lbs costs $450 and the charger is another $85.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I never understood the I can change a string without going to a shop. The investment we have in our x bows i bought the Ravin press so I can change them at home. I know that if you were on a trip out of the country or flying instead of driving it would be a good idea to be able to change a string. That being said if I spent all that money on a hunt I would bring two crossbows. I always bring two rifles when going to Texas.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
... That being said if I spent all that money on a hunt I would bring two crossbows. I always bring two rifles when going to Texas.
Always good to have backup plans "A", "B" and even "C", depending on the duration of the trip.

Reactions: SEW and Iron Duke

·
3,237 Posts
Yep for certain. I looked at that and the piece it plugs into and laughed. All it does is plug into the crank hole to crank electronically and a small battery operated screwdriver should do the same thing. In fact I bet 98% of us can hand crank it with no issues at all. It weighs around 2 lbs costs $450 and the charger is another $85.
Yep, while that kind of thing is repellent to me, there’s little doubt all the proprietary stuff has been good for Ravin’s bottom line. ;)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Siege for me. After hunting with the Viper this past year, nothing I’ve seen will pull me away from Tenpoint’s Accuslide. I shot a doe this fall broadside at 30 yards. On exit, the arrow hit a rock and deflected off into never never land at a shocking rate of speed. 400fps is good enough for me.
found it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, I would go with RavinR500E. Looking at that brand for a long time, since I started crossbow 3 years ago. Especially the speed and accuracy will support my long range target practicing.
A litte bit scared about strings, cables and limbs, because I practice a lot and honestly less problems I have with Scorpyd and Excalibur, out of the fastest models of their brands.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
None.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I don't care what Ravin has built into their new crossbow's performance. The weight of the 500 series is weigh too much (pun indented!). - It aint' going into my arsenal. MAYBE, if I were to just go out back and put it on a table and shoot it. Still doubt it.
That is what i would do the electric model, the R500E at 9.9 pounds.
The R500 without the electrics is only 8-something pounds, that ain't bad for the performance you get.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have to say that there is not a xbow on that survey I would remotely be interested in . They are all way too complicated in design. I simply do not trust the manufacturers in question to deliver a trouble free product at the price point they are selling them.

·
5,031 Posts
I have to say that there is not a xbow on that survey I would remotely be interested in . They are all way too complicated in design. I simply do not trust the manufacturers in question to deliver a trouble free product at the price point they are selling them.
What is complicated about the X1? Of course, some Excaliburs are less complicated than the simpliest compounds. Then you’d have to go to a spear.
The X1 is very simple.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Some very impressive technology out this year for sure. R500E for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,031 Posts
For me it's all about simplicity, I will wait and see what Scorpyd introduce. All the speed in the world is worthless if something goes wrong with whatever part of the crossbow and you need a qualified tech to work on it.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
Even more frustrating is when you’re required to send the entire crossbow in when the problem is just some little simple item that you could fix yourself or the proshop could easily fix. I refuse to consider buying from any company with such a policy. Granted, I do understand some of the very complex cocking systems may need factory repair at times. I like simplicity!

·
5,031 Posts
Well, I would go with RavinR500E. Looking at that brand for a long time, since I started crossbow 3 years ago. Especially the speed and accuracy will support my long range target practicing.
A litte bit scared about strings, cables and limbs, because I practice a lot and honestly less problems I have with Scorpyd and Excalibur, out of the fastest models of their brands.
Have you experienced longer range extreme accuracy out of a Ravin? With an expandible BH?

·
Registered
405 Posts
What is complicated about the X1? Of course, some Excaliburs are less complicated than the simpliest compounds. Then you’d have to go to a spear.
The X1 is very simple.
SEW respectfully you really can't blame the guy for feeling that way. The past few years some very expensive crossbows have been sold before the bugs were worked out. If you were working 5 days a week and had one day to hunt and you spent half of that day driving to an archery shop because your crossbow was separating the serving or just plain shredding the serving or a limb broke. That would suck. After an experience like that people are hesitant to grab that next new design. Guys just getting into our sport buy one crossbow and if it fails it can ruin the experience for them. I would take my chances with a X1 myself. I am a fan of OF's design and KI's warranty. Plus I have several backup bows. And I think KI will have the bugs all worked out before they are made available.
Take care
Oncebitten

61 - 80 of 125 Posts