Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so upset and can't do anything about it right now. So maybe someone will give me some advice since I'm a lottery draw virgin.
I went through all the steps to put in for the Bear draw lottery in MN, filling out the paperwork and paying with a credit card for my group number. Then, I checked online to see if my group of 2, had won the draw and it said I did. I was supposed to receive the package they mentioned with tags, and it never arrived so I e-mailed and didn't get a reply so I called this morning.
Yes, I did get the draw, but they have me as a group leader and no group! No record of my hunting partner in the computer system. No extra tags are available to purchase in that area either. If course, the head guy who could look into this, is not in the office today. RRRRR!
I know darn well I listed him as my group. What advice do you have to help me prove he was "the group" so we can go on our planned hunt in MN?;)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Urban Legend said:
Do you have a copy of the application? How about an email confirmation if you did it online? Sounds like a bum deal.;)
Didn't do it online. I called the number they gave me because I don't use my credit cards online and then after payment, they sent me the app in the mail and I didn't make a copy before I sent it back. Whomever processed the app, didn't list my group. So I think I need to find out who has the app I sent in so they can look it over again.

IF all else, there may be a silver lining. Just got off the phone with the ex Pres of SCI Alamo Chapter, and he is looking for someone to take over his year around, South Texas hunting lease for $1,600 a year! That is a steal! It has the following game: 180 class whitetail deer, javelina, hogs, bobcat, coyote, turkey and quail. Dove would also be included. The stipulation is, he wants someone to pay for his 2 blinds and feeders @ $1,500.00 so, I can always resell those. Someone else called before I did, so they have first chance at it.
If this bear hut doesn't work, maybe this year around lease might.

·
342 Posts
No draw here in Ca. for bears, just NR tags bought over the counter at DFG, and there are plenty of bears this year, at least where I go.

So...GG, your always welcome in California.:D

·
224 Posts
good luck GG on both the lease and on getting thrings straightened out in MN.

You may want to enter the lottery for MD for black bear.

If you win it, I can hook you up with a guy who has property in prime bear country. I bet he'd be interested in some kind of hunt swap. He might just let you hunt it and buddy up with you. You'll see what I'm talking about when you look through the rules.

http://blackbear.dnr.state.md.us/

NR licenses are not cheap but not overly expensive either (compared to some states). AND we have lots of deer here as well...

Best of luck/skills :D

Pete

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it figured out. I did it over the phone I wrote down the info I needed to complete the group entry, and the girl on the phone didn't add Butchs info and drivers license. Someone they subbed it out to in Tennessee! Great! Butch volunteered to go and be my cameraman but that's not right.
Anyway, I'm a believer in things happening for a reason, so if GOD didn't want me to go to MN to hunt bear, that's okay too. I'll find out why later, I'm sure.
Did get the lease! I'll be hunting really close to the Mexican border and the King Ranch. Not bad! Also, this year they changed that area to a 3 buck county and a special antlerless and spike season starting Jan. 18th to February sometime.
So I have a project closer to home. 5 hours due South!

·
665 Posts
Guide Girl said:
Got it figured out. I did it over the phone I wrote down the info I needed to complete the group entry, and the girl on the phone didn't add Butchs info and drivers license. Someone they subbed it out to in Tennessee! Great! Butch volunteered to go and be my cameraman but that's not right.
Anyway, I'm a believer in things happening for a reason, so if GOD didn't want me to go to MN to hunt bear, that's okay too. I'll find out why later, I'm sure.
Did get the lease! I'll be hunting really close to the Mexican border and the King Ranch. Not bad! Also, this year they changed that area to a 3 buck county and a special antlerless and spike season starting Jan. 18th to February sometime.
So I have a project closer to home. 5 hours due South!
and you can be a secret Border agent:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ready!

I already got the hat, so I'm ready!

Attachments

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
UPSET

That hat will surely scare off most things close to the border.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts