Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the really inexpensive arrows ( <$30/doz.) found on sites like Amazon or eBay?

I'd like to have some arrows for hog eradication to carry while deer hunting and don't want to pony up $5-6 each for something that's likely to get lost/broken.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
You can purchase some fantastic arrows in that price range. BloodSport Hunters $30 range(box of 6). Also, check Walmart in your area. I read BloodSport Witness (box of 6) were on sale for $25.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm also curious about this.

I got those Reegox arrows 20" in the orange color a couple weeks ago to use for practice. The shafts so far have held up, whereas the aluminum shafts I started with bent all to pieces in a couple shots. The practice tips smush fairly easily if they hit something too hard. The vanes get chewed up pretty easy too if there is any kind of a pass through. I also haven't tried the Reegox yet with a broadhead, on a live animal, or at a distance longer than 20 yards. I can't judge how accurate they are, or any of the other parameters as I don't have the skill level to do that.

Since they're available through Prime, you could always return them with free shipping and no questions asked if you don't like them.

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,877 Posts
Those real cheap arrows is just a way to throw away your money. I understand you just want some short range arrows but without heavy inserts there just isn't a way to know where the broadhead is gonna hit. And with cheaper arrows all you will get is aluminum inserts that weigh hardly anything. Those might get you by with a vert bow but not with a a crossbow. JMO...….

Reactions: Lizzinator

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I think I'm going to try some anyway and I'll report back when I have a chance to wring them out a little. I know they're cheap, and not top quality, but they're intended to be MOL disposable.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If you choose to shoot arrows with compromised components, the results may be very similar to a dry fired crossbow. And will void any warranty. A friendly reminder...

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
You can purchase some fantastic arrows in that price range. BloodSport Hunters $30 range(box of 6). Also, check Walmart in your area. I read BloodSport Witness (box of 6) were on sale for $25.
Just picked up a box of 6 BloodSport Witness for $17 at Walmart on clearance.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went last night and found them for the same price...6 days until pay day, so I hope they're still there on Friday. If I get one pack, I'll save those for critturs and use the cheapy Reegox for practice mostly. My bow is slow enough where I don't think I'm in any danger of a mixed carbon arrow splintering.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.