Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice innovation of corrugated pipe and rope. How much does all this cost you if you buy it? I know squirrels can jump 3' high but not sure about racoons. How long have you used this?
Spot
10' piece of 4'' pipe will make two feeders for $10. Small swivel $2 ea. Use a small diameter rope so animals have trouble climbing down. Plastic pail leftover from Ice cream. Less than $10 per feeder + corn should do ya. We have a ton of squirrels that have white blood in them. They can't jump that high.lol
They have been out a few weeks and no **** sign yet.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
10' piece of 4'' pipe will make two feeders for $10. Small swivel $2 ea. Use a small diameter rope so animals have trouble climbing down. Plastic pail leftover from Ice cream. Less than $10 per feeder + corn should do ya. We have a ton of squirrels that have white blood in them. They can't jump that high.lol
They have been out a few weeks and no **** sign yet.
Thanks! Does the pipe hold 50 lbs of corn. How much?

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No sir. A 4'' pipe about 5 ' long will hold about 25-30 lbs.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
No sir. A 4'' pipe about 5 ' long will hold about 25-30 lbs.
OK! Thanks! I noticed you said you used a 10' piece so since it is twice 5' it should hold 50 lbs. But maybe you only used 5' of the ten feet. Right?

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
They hitting my spin feeders hard now that everything is dead and all the acorns are gone. The better bucks come during the night to get anything left. The small bucks hit it right at/right before dark. Had 4 small bucks under me yesterday evening but I couldnt make out their racks I think one was a 4 pt and the rest were spikes. Didnt see anything this evening but since there were none out in the plot at the end of legal light I got down and slipped out of there. There's always tomorrow.;)

Reactions: robertyb

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
While I will agree that all gravity fed feeders allow deer to come in during the night, not all deer feed just at night either. Gravity feeders will help hold deer in a nearby range. The farm I put two of the feeders is only 68 acres surrounded by subdivisions on all 4 sides now. This video was taken a week after I hung the feeder. That afternoon between 4 and 5:30pm I saw a total of 5 different bucks. The feeder is 5-6 steps from the tree I'm in.

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks, Robert. A piece of drain pipe and 2 bags of corn put at least 20 deer in front of me over the past 3 weeks. I sat here 6 times and had deer every time in archery range. That was the best $20 I spent in archery in a while. lol

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Field dressed her and skinned her last night. Butchered her today and took the scrap to a neighbour with a 125-pound beautiful german shepherd. He snarls and growls a lot, but we became friends tonight lol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts