Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I zeroed in at 30 yards with the center cross hair then moved up to 50 yards then brought it back to 40 yards. This is the end result of today's activity. I'll fine tune it further with better arrows on a warmer day. I'm trudging through a foot of snow right now. I'm done for the day. It's time for a hot coco and a cold beer.....not necessarily in that order.....lol...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks like you got her dialed in pretty well for the first time Marty!

How do you like the XBR?

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
All are kill shots, good work Marty!
Nice to get out and breathe some clean, cold air...for a little while.
Cheers,
dyno

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you got her dialed in pretty well for the first time Marty!

How do you like the XBR?
It's an interesting scope, there's lots of different ways to dial it in. I zerod in at 10× then took it down to 5× and I'm going to need more space actually. I really don't need 5× unless I'm going for long shots, like up to 100+ yards.. I'm pretty satisfied right now having it on 10× with the main cross hair zeroed in at 30 yards. Especially with the speed the Nemesis kicks out. 30 to 50 yards is right in the middle of the of the reticles.....

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good for the first time. Let it warm up some and see if it's the same. Not all bundled up that is.
Yeah....lol.....I'll be able to move around alot better, that's for sure.
All are kill shots, good work Marty!
Nice to get out and breathe some clean, cold air...for a little while.
Cheers,
dyno
It was nice to get out and do some shooting..

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Five shots....five kills! I'd say for just a few shots you did good!;):)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good deal Marty. The more you shoot with it the more you will like It
Yeah, after reading the direction booklet that came with it, at first my head was spinning because all I'm used to is FFP Hawke scopes. It was foreign to me and still is. But like you said, the more I use it and get used to it and start understanding the moa increments instead of yards, I'll be more efficient with it.... slow but steady. Some things come quick to me and other things take time. I'm more of an artistic minded person. Math gets me all confused, severely... I just have to take alot of deep breaths.....lol...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And just for the record and everyone who might be thinking about picking up a Nemesis, this is one of my strings with my serving job and it has almost 200 shots on it. It's making it so far....keeping my fingers crossed and the Black Lightening on.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you look close, you can still see how the left side where the latch claw holds it, it has a deeper depression. Why the left side only ?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done Marty. At least you did not have the beer first! LOL
I never drink before I go target shooting or hunting. I never drink to get annihilated either. Well, not anymore..lol.... in my previous lifestyle playing guitar in various different bands, it was almost impossible not to end up stumbling home.....

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was not implying (or recommending) drinking prior to shooting. I just recalled some of your long ago comments regarding your prior fun times. Carry on soldier.
You bet ! Thanks ....:)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts