Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I even derail my own threads...lol... I guess it's drain bamage.......hahaha

·
Registered
355 Posts
Marty it looks like you're getting her dialed in, I'm glad it is working out for you It definitely looked like the scope was capable of doing a lot of fine tuning.

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
363 Posts
I zeroed in at 30 yards with the center cross hair then moved up to 50 yards then brought it back to 40 yards. This is the end result of today's activity. I'll fine tune it further with better arrows on a warmer day. I'm trudging through a foot of snow right now. I'm done for the day. It's time for a hot coco and a cold beer.....not necessarily in that order.....lol... View attachment 193268 View attachment 193270 View attachment 193272
I zeroed in at 30 yards with the center cross hair then moved up to 50 yards then brought it back to 40 yards. This is the end result of today's activity. I'll fine tune it further with better arrows on a warmer day. I'm trudging through a foot of snow right now. I'm done for the day. It's time for a hot coco and a cold beer.....not necessarily in that order.....lol... View attachment 193268 View attachment 193270 View attachment 193272
Nice shooting Marty love the snow but love the cold beer more here and its sunny and around 82 here today :cool::)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Marty
Your have won the snow ❄ day shoot out. Congrats! Hope bullseyes are regular POI with your new toy.

🎯 🎯 🎯
Spot

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Marty it looks like you're getting her dialed in, I'm glad it is working out for you It definitely looked like the scope was capable of doing a lot of fine tuning.
Yeah and thank you for contacting me about this scope. I'm glad I bought it ! Thank you !

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
30 to 50 yards is right in the middle of the of the reticles.....
“Middle of the reticles” - are you saying 40 yards for the 1st dash mark and 50 yards for the dot next to the 10, or are you “gap shooting” between these somehow?

I always used 50 yards with the 10 dot as the dead nuts zero as it gave minimum differences at 30, 40, and 60 yards going down the reticle. Usually used about 4x when I had it on my Ventilator and 4.4X on one of the foster ones I’ve had.

I got into using the Hawke BRC2 calculator which helps a lot in determining the best magnification for manipulating the trajectory.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
I have mine set for 20-30-40-50 yards, etc. on the speed dial and then have a tape for the same ranges on the turret so I can use the magnification if I need it.
When you use the turret Marty remember to reset the turret to the lowest setting afterwards and reset the speed dial also. I have one spynal tapp wearing a lumenok that is probably still in orbit from when I shot it at a 20 yard target not realizing that my nephew had been "admiring" my scope and had turned the turret all the way up.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Marty,
I like my XBR. Although I use it for the glass and under-use the capabilities. I use the XBR as a single reticle scope on 6x. I shoot the top dot at 30 yards hold over/under for hunting.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
“Middle of the reticles” - are you saying 40 yards for the 1st dash mark and 50 yards for the dot next to the 10, or are you “gap shooting” between these somehow?

I always used 50 yards with the 10 dot as the dead nuts zero as it gave minimum differences at 30, 40, and 60 yards going down the reticle. Usually used about 4x when I had it on my Ventilator and 4.4X on one of the foster ones I’ve had.

I got into using the Hawke BRC2 calculator which helps a lot in determining the best magnification for manipulating the trajectory.
I have mine set for 20-30-40-50 yards, etc. on the speed dial and then have a tape for the same ranges on the turret so I can use the magnification if I need it.
When you use the turret Marty remember to reset the turret to the lowest setting afterwards and reset the speed dial also. I have one spynal tapp wearing a lumenok that is probably still in orbit from when I shot it at a 20 yard target not realizing that my nephew had been "admiring" my scope and had turned the turret all the way up.
Yes, actually I still have some adjustments I still have to make with it. That's why I called this post the initial sighting. I have the number 10 dot at 30 yards and the 20 dot at 40 yards, and 50 yards is in between the 20 dot and 30 dot a little below the middle hash mark. I need to adjust the magnification until the 30 dot hits at 50 yards exactly.
Bob, with the Nemesis it hits 20 yards and 30 yards with the same reticle with just a fraction of an inch difference anyhow..

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Yes, actually I still have some adjustments I still have to make with it. That's why I called this post the initial sighting. I have the number 10 dot at 30 yards and the 20 dot at 40 yards, and 50 yards is in between the 20 dot and 30 dot a little below the middle hash mark. I need to adjust the magnification until the 30 dot hits at 50 yards exactly.
You’re under using the XBR unless that Nemesis is shooting about 300 fps.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Bob, with the Nemesis it hits 20 yards and 30 yards with the same reticle with just a fraction of an inch difference anyhow..
Yea, I have mine mounted on an Excal 350 LE shooting at around 325 fps with a 450 grain arrow. Mine is set just at 2.6X to get 20 with the hash marks on using all of them going down at 10 yard intervals. The 10 moa mark is 40 yards on mine.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
How does the scope perform in low light? Is it any better than the Hawke?
Yes, most every scope I look thru is better than a Hawke.

Reactions: dryforkbrady

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
If you look close, you can still see how the left side where the latch claw holds it, it has a deeper depression. Why the left side only ?
I have seen this before Marty. Come to find the trigger gate/claws were not parallel when the bow was cocked. Maybe when manufactured? Not sure. Removed and machined to find pressure was now the exact same.
Hope this helps!
FD

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How does the scope perform in low light? Is it any better than the Hawke?
It's better than the Hawke XB compact I was using but the Hawke is still a good scope. I could use either one and be happy.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have seen this before Marty. Come to find the trigger gate/claws were not parallel when the bow was cocked. Maybe when manufactured? Not sure. Removed and machined to find pressure was now the exact same.
Hope this helps!
FD
So the latch claw isn't exactly square is what your saying ? It's skewed ?

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
You’re under using the XBR unless that Nemesis is shooting about 300 fps.
I don't have a chronograph but I'm sure it's close to 465 fps with the 425 grain arrows I'm using..
I have the mag set at 10×. I need to adjust it down to 8 or 7×......?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I don't have a chronograph but I'm sure it's close to 465 fps with the 425 grain arrows I'm using..
I have the mag set at 10×. I need to adjust it down to 8 or 7×......?
Yipes. If that’s where you want it go for it. (y)

21 - 40 of 101 Posts