Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Barnett C5 Wildcat and I want to place strong silencers on it, but I’m seeing the wisdom of a bow press to do it.

Does anyone know if there is a reasonably priced press available for a crossbow, or am I better off going to a shop with it?

·
Registered
935 Posts
DIY presses would be the most reasonably cost effective. There is one guy (Safari92 (I think)) who sells a kit that you assemble yourself, or something like that. Not sure for that cost but would guess at around $200. Purchased press can run over $500. So taking your bow to a Pro Shop may be the answer here to try string silencers.

I say try, because most ppl do use them because they are not very effective on crossbows, they usually don't last very long, and sometimes affect the performance.

I have heard of ppl using string-leech style and they only stayed on less than 10 shots. But, maybe there's a type out there that lasts and someone else can chime in.

I personally have found adding dampeners, such as bowjax style, to stirrups, risers, and between split-limb type bows helped with felt vibrations.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DIY presses would be the most reasonably cost effective. There is one guy (Safari92 (I think)) who sells a kit that you assemble yourself, or something like that. Not sure for that cost but would guess at around $200. Purchased press can run over $500. So taking your bow to a Pro Shop may be the answer here to try string silencers.

I say try, because most ppl do use them because they are not very effective on crossbows, they usually don't last very long, and sometimes affect the performance.

I have heard of ppl using string-leech style and they only stayed on less than 10 shots. But, maybe there's a type out there that lasts and someone else can chime in.

I personally have found adding dampeners, such as bowjax style, to stirrups, risers, and between split-limb type bows helped with felt vibrations.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. The split limb dampeners help, but I’m hoping that the string silencers in conjunction with the dampeners cold help more.

Appreciate the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts