Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been at Lake Gaston the past couple of days helping to set up for my niece's wedding this upcoming Saturday and I ran across what I believe is an early model Excalibur crossbow. I was at a local flea market yesterday and saw this crossbow on a table. The guy said he won the bid on a delinquent mini-storage and this crossbow was in it. He knew nothing about it and only wanted $25.00 for it so I snapped it up hoping for the best. There are no markings anywhere on it indicating what model or brand it is so I'm going strictly by the design that it is an Excalibur. The dissapator bars appear to be early model as they are square (near the stirrup) instead of rounded as they are now. At least they are probably worth the $25.00 alone. The camo is "hardwoods 20-200" and the rail / barrel is a gold / brown color. It appears it's power stroke measures around 15 1/2 inches which would put it in the Exocet power range. The limbs measure around 36" which is also typical of the Excals and they appear to be magtips. The yoke appears to be early model and looks similar to the two that I presently own but with some major differences. It is camo painted and I don't know if it is factory camo or if the previous owner did it. There are two holes on each side that I figure is where the sight pins could be mounted. The safety is also in the middle on the side of the trigger assembly instead of in the back as they are now. This crossbow has probably been pieced together as the stirrup on it is gray but there was an extra stirrup with this sale that is the same color as the rail / barrel. This extra stirrup had a sticker on the back indicating "up" for mounting and was quite different in design over the gray one. It also shows signs that it has seen quite a bit of use. I changed it to see how it looked and I figured the guy changed it because it was too close to the dissapator bars that were added due to it's different design. A lot of the mounting hardware and trigger assembly hardware shows signs of surface rust but I think that can be cleaned and shouldn't hurt anything. The only hardware that isn't rusted is the dissapator bars hardware. The stock and limbs appear to be in good shape but I won't know until I get back to Virginia to buy a string for it and see what happens when I string it. Hopefully it will function as it should and I ended up with a "steal".

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
If the safety is on the right side of the trigger you probably have a 1993 or 1994 Exocet. if it has mag tips and DBs they were added after 2002 and its worth about $200 to 250 dollars.

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Digger. The safety is on the left side on this crossbow but in disassembling it for cleaning I noticed that is can be moved to either side by an Allen wrench. So either the guy was left handed or he was right handed and preferred to use his thumb instead of index finger.

I hope to be shooting it by Tuesday so I'll find out just how good a deal this turns out to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts