Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Supposed to be a two finger removal target that stops crossbow bolts at 500fps . I Have a hard time removing My gold tip airstrike arrows at 270fps . I shot my Brand new Ravin R29x 450fps at 20 yards and had to cut my bolt out . It’s a Shame. I paid $120 for it . You don’t get what you pay for anymore in America. Should have bought a spiderweb . I tried to upload a video. It would not work here is a picture. Thanks
Liquid Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Recipe

·
5,049 Posts
I had a similar experience with the Hurricane targets many seem to recommend. Pulled out a few points and factory epoxied inserts. Fortunately, I could return it to my local Cabelas.

Reactions: Poorboy1979

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hope you are not shooting broadheads into it! LOL! You can get better performance if you move your shots around, and then when you are done shooting, lay the target flat and stand on it to re-compress the filler. Do this to both sides. Using bullet point fieldpoints also helps, as does lightly lubing the shaft before your shooting session. Targets can be frustrating! I only shoot at less than 30 yards to sight in a crossbow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you are not shooting broadheads into it! LOL! You can get better performance if you move your shots around, and then when you are done shooting, lay the target flat and stand on it to re-compress the filler. Do this to both sides. Using bullet point fieldpoints also helps, as does lightly lubing the shaft before your shooting session. Targets can be frustrating! I only shoot at less than 30 yards to sight in a crossbow.
Yes I only shoot Field points . I have tried scorpion arrow lube same outcome. I don’t know if I got a dud but I have seen people shoot the target and easily Pull the bolts and arrows out. Online of course.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Get in touch with BigShot targets and they’ll make it right. They have great customer service.
Agree with SW. Give them a call. I had issues with an Extreme 500 stopping my arrows. Gave them a call, sent them some pics and they let me pay the small difference and sent me a Kinetic 650. Great customer service.

Reactions: Poorboy1979

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
For those that are having trouble removing arrows from foam style or foam filled
targets, after the shot, take a small mallet and tap them in a bit. This will break
the bond to the arrow shaft. Carbon shafts generate heat causing foam in a target
to bond.
The same applies to arrow equipped with broadheads. If the arrow head has passed
through the target, remove the broadhead and then tap the arrow shaft back. One
can do the same with arrows equipped with field points.

My thought on lubing the arrow shaft may make it penetrate deeper?

Twisting an arrow shaft is not a good idea as it puts too much stress on the shaft.
On a broadhead equipped arrow, this can loosen the broadhead, leaving it in the
target to damage another shot arrow.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
If an arrow in a rag bag type target will not pull straight out easily it has probably just welded its self in place and you need to grab the arrow and twist it to the right a tad to break the weld and then it should pull free.
Great advice robertyb! I put it to use yesterday on my kinetic 650. Arrows from my Vapor and Siege were welding. Spin to the right and voilà came right out! Bows shooting less then 400 fps they pulled out super easy.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
16,724 Posts
Great advice robertyb! I put it to use yesterday on my kinetic 650. Arrows from my Vapor and Siege were welding. Spin to the right and voilà came right out! Bows shooting less then 400 fps they pulled out super easy.
Thank you sir!
It works well on bag targets and also on my Blob target but with a hard foam type target and broadheads I break them free by turning them to the left side instead of the right as you can break blades in the target by doing a right twist using a broadhead. As soon as I feel the weld break I turn it back to the right to screw the broadhead back on tight and then pull them free of the target. It usually takes an arrow puller to do so when using the Blob targets.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
my guess.....they went with a cost savings up grade on this model....................... 🤪

Yes like everything else now adays. I sure hope i am wrong because i just bought this one a few weeks ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts