Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have these for their ravin? Or anyone have thoughts about them?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to know if anyone uses traditional iron sights with a Ravin? If so, I have never heard of that and highly recommend against it, since it will defeat much of why one would use a high end Ravin crossbow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres an attachment for it, I plan to do waterfowl hunting with mine and figured I'd ask to see if anyone had experience. I've never bird hunted with an optic so just asking if anyone out there has a ravin without an optic.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A person could do well with iron sight hunting deer at distances 10-45 yards. A person could do well with regular rifle scope crosshair (as long as scope can stand the recoi of bow).
Especially using the faster Ravins.
A 35 yard zero will yield good results on deer.
Anyone who doesn’t believe this, take your hawke or Ravin scope after it isn’t set for your bow. Hold 40 sight reference on a 6” tall Coke’s can at 20 yards. And look where 20 yard sight is. Not very high really. Some slight hold over and And under will work fine.
Don’t have to be a spot on marksman (sight wise) to bag deer 10-40 yards with faster Ravins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts