Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
15? or 150?,compound or recurve.What do you want to hunt?

Reactions: glassman_48

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Here in Michigan there is no minimum... seems odd, but you can check it out. I don't agree with no minimum, but I guess it opens a door to see who's ethical. If your speaking of crossbow the only requirement is that the arrows, bolts or quarrels are at least 14" in length tipped with broadheads that'll cut at least 7/8".
In my opinion, 15 pounds is not enough. You'll lose deer. You won't get much penetration with that weight and the arrow will plug up a hole which won't allow for much of a blood trail. I wasn't allowed to hunt deer until I could pull back 30 pounds. And even then the bloodtrails weren't much cause the arrows never passed through other side.

lovetohunt

·
Happy Member
5,350 Posts
Here in WI the minimum draw poundage is 30#s for a vertical bow and 100#s for crossbow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
3,321 Posts
Here in Ohio, Long Bow-40 lbs draw min -Crossbow 75 lbs draw min-- 2 blade 3/4 min.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I could only wonder what 15 pounds would penetrate. I guess you could shoot rabbits with it.
I have a youth bow set up at 25 pounds and every once in a while it hits the target and bounces off.

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
A 15# crossbow? A toy maybe. Dont hunt with it. If so, youre setting yourself up to fail.

·
2,087 Posts
Possibly very small game at close range rabbit or fish.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Legally maybe but ethically no IMHO. Even with a cut on contact broadhead I would not hunt with less than 40-45.
Well stated........I would not hunt with a 15 lb bow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
1) Leave toy dept. 2) Go to hunting dept. 3) Read current hunting regulations for minimum weight requirement. Seriously, you would not want to use such a light bow to hunt with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts