Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a crossbow that received mega-hype in 2021 and then not being released until almost EO21 there isn’t a peep on the Ravin or General Forum’s about this crossbow. Probably one of the poorest rollouts of Flagship crossbows we’ve seen but there have been others for certain from other manufacturers as well. This one seems to have snake oil all over it right now, even from the die hard Ravin guys. What’s it gonna take and can they ever get this one in the “WIN” column again??

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Huge disappointment for Ravin = huge win for Tenpoint.
Ravin's pre-release promo videos and ads had me foaming at the mouth for one in Jan of 2021.
By spring time, something did not seem right so I cancelled our pre-order.

Really hope they do get it right.
They have the $ to do so, one would think.
Very innovative design, esp. with the motor assisted cock/decock, linear ballscrews and crazy-narrow limbs.
Surely not for the faint of heart, but for tech-types (with physical obstacles) like me, it could lead to some very cool future developments for everyone.

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
1,263 Posts
I really liked the bow, but I need to have a press or at least the dealer have a press. Shipping to Ravin for cable adjustment is not an option. Last but not least you need a good arrow not one where the insert flies out one end and the nock out the other when you shoot. String life is yet to be determined. If they fixed those things I would buy another. I like the looks better than a 10 point 505. I don't like their anti-dryfire I'm standing on the side lines for now. I may get a green 505 later.

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX400
244 Posts
From my perspective I think that the "500" threshold is going to be a much smaller niche market than anticipated. I think that shooters are content with a quality <$2K 400+ish fps xbow and just not seeing the value in spending another grand to reach 500 fps. My next purchase focus will be pure precision and PROVEN long term reliability, NOT just ripping arrows at 505 fps.

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505 X2 Vapor 470, Sub 1 XR, Micro 380
2,443 Posts
From my perspective I think that the "500" threshold is going to be a much smaller niche market than anticipated. I think that shooters are content with a quality <$2K 400+ish fps xbow and just not seeing the value in spending another grand to reach 500 fps. My next purchase focus will be pure precision and PROVEN long term reliability, NOT just ripping arrows at 505 fps.
505s are selling as fast as dealers can get them from what I see

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like you are describing a sub1xr...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like Ravin. But I also find it amusing that Ravin paid the big bucks and did all the advertising leg work for months worth of hype about 500 fps bows, and then without a word prior, Tenpoint swooped in with a mic drop right when Ravin was in its worst position. I can't imagine it could have worked out better for TP. They will probably be talking internally about this win for a decade to come. Not to mention raking in the cash from it.

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505 X2 Vapor 470, Sub 1 XR, Micro 380
2,443 Posts
I like Ravin. But I also find it amusing that Ravin paid the big bucks and did all the advertising leg work for months worth of hype about 500 fps bows, and then without a word prior, Tenpoint swooped in with a mic drop right when Ravin was in its worst position. I can't imagine it could have worked out better for TP. They will probably be talking internally about this win for a decade to come. Not to mention raking in the cash from it.
TP was just in shadows waiting And the Ravin flopped they took full advantage of it..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ravin knows they really got their lunch handed to them by TP on this one & it has to be really sticking in their craw. They learned a lot and won’t make this mistake next time. Personally I just don’t like TP not having an actual anti dry fire cuz their inhibitor ends up frequently with a trip back to Ohio. That and the trigger makes me suspect. Will be interesting on those who’ve had Ravin & TP compare the triggers. I’m waiting to see how Todd(Regohio)compares the triggers over time.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the ball screw idea, might be sunk.
I heard Scorpyd has the patent on that too. Good thing they had Ravin Guinea pig it for them.
Best thing for Ravin would be to flip those limbs around backwards and get on with it.

Tenpoint will need a new lighter trigger for the next speed jump i would bet.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Ravin knows they really got their lunch handed to them by TP on this one & it has to be really sticking in their craw. They learned a lot and won’t make this mistake next time. Personally I just don’t like TP not having an actual anti dry fire cuz their inhibitor ends up frequently with a trip back to Ohio. That and the trigger makes me suspect. Will be interesting on those who’ve had Ravin & TP compare the triggers. I’m waiting to see how Todd(Regohio)compares the triggers over time.
Yea that ADF on TP is primary reason why I don't have the Viper anymore. Other then that it's a cool Xbow. Acu-slide is pretty good too. For me I always thought their triggers were more then good enough.

What Ravin released with the R500 I'm shocked any owner is happy with it beyond the cool "looks" factor. I think it's a step backwards but hope Ravin gets it right. However, I wouldn't let this one boondoggle define Ravin. They do offer other very good Xbows.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts