Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the new Vapor but I'm still having an issue with the trigger box latch not dropping down far enough to release the trigger box down the rail. See picture posted further down this thread.

Registered
Shot about 80 arrows through the new vapor at the range and after my last shot I can't get the trigger box to release and slide down the rail. It's not an issue where there's tension on the trigger box. It's that the either the lock isn't dropping down enough to release the pin on the box or when the release is dropped down the trigger box doesn't come up high enough to clear the latch. The trigger box is hanging up by about 1/64th of an inch.
It was %;01 when I tried to get ahold of TP and they were closed for the weekend. 馃様
Anybody else encounter an issue like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So you have been doing the back-wind two times and are pressing the gear release button on the third time?

Reactions: wildcatter

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
So you have been doing the back-wind two times and are pressing the gear release button on the third time?
I have but there were some times when backwinding that i would catch myself that I didn't press the gear release button on the third revolution. It has released and resolved and now seems to be functioning> THANK YOU TX_RDXguy

Registered
I have but there were some times when backwinding that i would catch myself that I didn't press the gear release button on the third revolution. It has released and resolved and now seems to be functioning> THANK YOU TX_RDXguy
That's great news! I am looking forward to getting a Vapor in the near future.

Reactions: wildcatter

Premium Member
Many times,, pressing the Gear Release button on the third backwind doesn't really feel as though it is doing anything.
In that case, I unwind the socket where the Crank Handle inserts by hand 1/2 turn CCW and it releases the strap and therefore the trigger mechanism just fine.
There are videos on the TP support page that describe exactly what I am doing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Issue NOT resolved馃様
The trigger box latch does not drop down far enough to release the trigger box down the rail.
I can slide a screwdriver behind the trigger box and pop it forward so it slides down the rail. Any thoughts??.

IMG_8443.JPG

Registered
Sounds like a warranty issue. As Dynamo said in a previous post sometimes pressing the gear release button on my vengent feels like it does nothing. Have to fiddle with it for lack of a better word.

Premium Member
Issue NOT resolved馃様
The trigger box latch does not drop down far enough to release the trigger box down the rail.
I can slide a screwdriver behind the trigger box and pop it forward so it slides down the rail. Any thoughts??.
Whoa, I would not be popping anything with a screwdriver.

As I stated above, there are a few good videos about the Vapor Accuslide.
May be a good idea to have a look at them here: NEW ACUslide Cocking and De-Cocking Operation Archives - TenPoint

Check out especially the ASSISTING THE ACCUSLIDE DOWN THE FLIGHT RAIL video...
Good luck.

BTW, just an FYI for all, the buttonbeing pressed with a thumb in the picture posted above is not the Gear Release button.
It is the Trigger Box Release button.

Try as I suggested, spin the chrome piece where you insert the Crank handle CCW a 1/2 turn by hand, as shown in the Videos, after backwinding.
That should get the Accuslide easily down the flight rail.

Premium Member
Try as I suggested, spin the chrome piece where you insert the Crank handle CCW a 1/2 to 1 full turn by hand, as shown in the Videos, after backwinding 3 times as instructed.
That should get the Accuslide easily down the flight rail.
See the picture below:
TenPoint_Vapor_RS470_R2.jpg

Reactions: allNitroedup

Registered
Issue NOT resolved馃様

Don't mess around with screwdrivers. Call Tenpoint, get an RA # and have them go over your bow.
Read the manual and make sure you鈥檙e following the instructions correctly on every aspect of your specific crossbow.
View attachment 182235

Reactions: dynamo61

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I talked with Eric at TP this morning. He knew right away what was wrong. If you have a dry fire (which I did)馃様and the DFI catches the string it can bend the latch. On its way back to TP for service. GREAT customer service. 25 years of hunting with a crossbow and never had a dryfire. I'm grateful for the TP technology. If it had happened with other bows things could have been much worse. Thank You TenPoint !!!

Registered
Good to here it was operator error and faulty action work from Tenpoint. I have the same anti dri fire safety on all my Excalibur's, it catches the string as soon as it is fired, I can see where this would not be similar to some, but Robert we have always had this similar anti dri fire on out recurves, they save exploding the bow, but I am surprised they cause damage to any part of the action. One more reason I have and continue to shy away from any bow with this type of trigger cartridge,,,, I'll stick with the old reliable,, just to old fashion to accept some of these new newfangled systems!!

Registered
Thanks for the info involving dry fring the bow it can happen to any of us and with the power these new xbows are producing. We have to be careful, I also didn't think you could shoot it without an arrow loaded man thanks again I will be more careful in the future when I use my vengent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts