Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new Ravin case from a guy on Craigslist this morning - I don’t have a Ravin to put in it yet.

I made an offer on a R10 package yesterday, I should get an answer this afternoon. Probably won’t get my low offer but it might bring the guy down some on his original asking price. We’ll see how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck, they are addictive.
Always the search for better groups, faster speeds or better strings.
Always a search, frustrating at times but always worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Bought a new Ravin case from a guy on Craigslist this morning - I don’t have a Ravin to put in it yet.

I made an offer on a R10 package yesterday, I should get an answer this afternoon. Probably won’t get my low offer but it might bring the guy down some on his original asking price. We’ll see how it goes.
If it performs anything like our R26, and I am sure it will, you are going to have a great time shooting it!
Good luck, TPCollins!
Hope you get a fair deal.

Reactions: Texas Grown

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my offer expired but another R10 just popped up at $50 cheaper than the listing I offered a bid on. This one is from a store in northern Michigan and I bought it and should get it next week. :p

It’s the Predator Dusk Camo which should look better from a tree stand rather than the earlier “white” Predator camo.

And I get 0% for 24 months at about $55 a month - what a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Well my offer expired but another R10 just popped up at $50 cheaper than the listing I offered a bid on. This one is from a store in northern Michigan and I bought it and should get it next week. :p

It’s the Predator Dusk Camo which should look better from a tree stand rather than the earlier “white” Predator camo.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Congrats, TPCollins.
Get ready to kick some butt.

Maybe the Detroit Lions should get some R10s, too?
Lord knows they need something to help them kick some butt LOL.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If your new toy is anything close to the accuracy of my R9 you are in for a Ride!
Shot the R9 twice today from 40 yard shots off of hood of my truck- same hole.
Just some thing about that bow.
Someone called me today and wanted to buy.
I priced too high I guess.
Don’t really want to sell anyways.
Going to give it more Hunt time.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was the name of the store. I live in Northern Mi.
Don’t know the name of the store but his userID is Camp5263 out of Iron River with 100% feedback on 3000+ transactions.

Good enough for me.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe the Detroit Lions should get some R10s, too?
Lord knows they need something to help them kick some butt LOL.
When the Lions were getting ready to play the Bears on opening day, I saw 4 players and the over rated piece of crap Matt Stafford kneeling during the National Anthem of the United States of America.

I was hoping they’d lose and the Bears beat them in the end. :p And the only NFL game I’ve watched was Tom Brady and the Bucs on opening day.

The kNeeling Felon League can go bankrupt for all I care.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
When the Lions were getting ready to play the Bears on opening day, I saw 4 players and the over rated piece of crap Matt Stafford kneeling during the National Anthem of the United States of America.

I was hoping they’d lose and the Bears beat them in the end. :p And the only NFL game I’ve watched was Tom Brady and the Bucs on opening day.

The kNeeling Felon League can go bankrupt for all I care.
I don't know if Stafford is overrated.
In my opinion he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpaid!!!

I cannot stomach watching them much anymore.
Been a fan for so long (50+ years) and the frustration is not worth the time.

I've been hoping for the past 25= years that Ford would sell the team but that seems like a pipe dream LOL!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

My R10 was scheduled for delivery on Monday the 5th.

I just got an update from FedEx that it’s scheduled for this Wednesday the 30th.

It will be with the Deathstalker on the opening morning the 1st.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

That camo should work, for in the tree backlighted by the brightest area surrounding you, dark camo sucks in a tree! It creates a dark blob, where as white is right at home when you look up into a tree. The shadows from the tree causes the pupil to dilate which works like a camera diaphragm. This makes the light background wash out, you don't see a blue sky looking up through a tree! The background that pops thru from the sky you actually see as white, it is over exposed!

Same will occur on a cloudy day, the tree will have even less light from its shade, so even if your eyes are not as dilated, the cky is already light with greys and whites that are even easier to over expose as white broken camo with dark blotches. I quit using dark camo's years ago as most have heard me state. predator 3d deception and fall blend are 2 of my favorite tree stand camo's,, while the darker colors work well in blinds.

since deer see in black and white this is more we should try and blend into, I don't match anything with my camo, I just try to blend in and Not Create a dark blob or outline, which is what dark camos do with little contrast.

And the later the season goes on the more it is the only camo that works in a tree! By Thanksgiving it is the only camo that makes sense and even AP Snow is a great choice if you are going to sit in a tree!

IMG_0402.jpg

My success fooling their eyes greatly increased when I turned to more whites and greys, probably why we are seeing more and more of this type of camo patern the past several years!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice article catter - did you copy and paste that from Randy Wakeman or Chuck Hawkes?

That camo should work, for in the tree backlighted by the brightest area surrounding you, dark camo sucks in a tree! It creates a dark blob, where as white is right at home when you look up into a tree. The shadows from the tree causes the pupil to dilate which works like a camera diaphragm. This makes the light background wash out, you don't see a blue sky looking up through a tree! The background that pops thru from the sky you actually see as white, it is over exposed!

Same will occur on a cloudy day, the tree will have even less light from its shade, so even if your eyes are not as dilated, the cky is already light with greys and whites that are even easier to over expose as white broken camo with dark blotches. I quit using dark camo's years ago as most have heard me state. predator 3d deception and fall blend are 2 of my favorite tree stand camo's,, while the darker colors work well in blinds.
View attachment 185040

since deer see in black and white this is more we should try and blend into, I don't match anything with my camo, I just try to blend in and Not Create a dark blob or outline, which is what dark camos do with little contrast.
View attachment 185039

My success fooling their eyes greatly increased when I turned to more whites and greys, probably why we are seeing more and more of this type of camo patern the past several years!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Tim I been using this camo technique for over a decade, most remember me stating my AP Snow 380 Lynx was quite at home in a tree stand and absolutely does not stick out, but blends quite well in it's surrounding! But before it all started coming to market on rifles and bows before the patterns were available in clothing, I clung to lighter and avoided patterns like MO Breakup, it just looks like a dark blob and is easily picked out in a tree!. I think most remember me for years stating that most people are getting it all wrong. I did for a couple decades, but when you look up, what you see is what you need to do. Some people go with their instincts and not what others tell them or do.

I always try and improve my ambush abilities, and no I don't watch hunting shows, I don't have time, for the past 30 years it comes natural when that is what you do every day, not just when your off work! Most professionals don't have the time in the woods I have the past 30 years, but I didn't have to check in, do reports, call scouts and pay them to do my job, I just do it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have almost the same thoughts on camo Wildcatter. I made the switch to lighter colored clothing in 2008. Hard to hide in a cottonwood with dark camo.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like my Predator Spring green for early bow and spring turkey, and the MOTS or Mountain Mimicry once the leaves fall off. But I spent so much money on Sitka Open Country I feel obligated to wear that now.

I had the Predator Winter camo and sold it for some stupid reason.

fullsizeoutput_816.jpeg
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_3224.jpeg
DSCN0618.JPG

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I like my Predator Spring green for early bow and spring turkey, and the MOTS or Mountain Mimicry once the leaves fall off. But I spent so much money on Sitka Open Country I feel obligated to wear that now.

I had the Predator Winter camo and sold it for some stupid reason.

View attachment 185046 View attachment 185047 View attachment 185048 View attachment 185049
I'm not knocking any camo, nearly all of it has a place or time, but the lighter camo get way overlooked and is very versatile early season as well as late. I agree though that Fall blend and 3D deception is awful good and blends into more situations than any other I have found.

The ASAT I think you already know I am fond of, it to is look like nothing pattern that is just so contrasty and broken to eliminate any lines or silhouettes its quite handy in many situations, but I was never impressed with the Sitka gear in the east, I think it could be very good on prairies and out west in many backgrounds, just never seen it as a hardwoods option.

One thing is for sure like you found out Tim,, seems there are a lot of things we consider not needed, and find after we get rid of it that maybe it was better than we thought at the time.

On the ground this MO Infinity once the leaves are off with no snow is one of my favorites. Helped me get up close enough fer a revolver shot last season stalking along a flooded creek. Two days in a row!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts