Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to tell you guys about a special non profit group that is helping kids. It is called Camp Camo, and what they do is try and provide outdoor experiences and hunts to under privileged kids. This really is a great organization of people headed by Dale Sunderlin. Dale is trying to take Camp Camo to a larger stage. Right now he is based in Ohio but plans on expanding into other states. Dale has ask me to make a post on my site asking us fellow hunters to help him out. What I would like to ask from our members is to donate any hunting equipment that you currently don't use or may never use again. It can be old or new. It can be crossbows, blinds, camo that doesn't fit anymore, or whatever. Because Camp Camo is a 501(C)3 Non profit organization, you will be able to deduct anything you donate at full market value. Dale can provide you with a receipt and the proper paperwork you will need to do this. Monetary donations will also be excepted if you choose to do so. If you have some old stuff lying around that would help get a child into the woods on his or her first hunt, please give Dale a call. It will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time out to read this post. Thanks, Jeff

Dale Sunderlin, Cell 440-417-2161

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's for the Kids

Jeff, thank you very much for posting a blip on your forum about Camp Camo. Our target children are those who unfortunately do not have a mentor to guide them, single parent children, for whatever reason (divorce, death of a parent), underprivileged (finically distressed), non-hunting families (mother or dad not interested in the outdoors), and the like. We also work with life-limited children upon request. Our goal is to take as many children as we can on outdoor excursions. If we are to succeed and pass it on as every one advocates then we must all answer the call. Our future depends on recruiting a new generation of outdoor persons into our ranks and educating them in the outdoor sports. Just passing it on to our own children or grand children is not enough. We must reach a new audience. Our immediate focus now is attaining funds and equipment, clothing etc to take these children on an outdoor adventure. Any donations we receive at this time will be used for just that purpose. In addition, I would like to reiterate that Camp Camo is a National Non-Profit 501(c)3 Organization and all donations are fully tax deductible. In closing, I would like to thank you all for your time and consideration in reading our request. I also hope you will decide to join us in our efforts to pass it on. The future of our sport depends on it. Remember, Pass it on or it will surely pass on.
Respectfully, Dale Sunderlin founder Camp CamO Org. [email protected]

·
87 Posts
What a terrific cause! I am a big believer in helping kids.
I am sure I can dig a thing or two up around here, please PM me a shipping address.
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's for the Kids

Pydpiper,
Thank you so much for your reply and tentative donation. With the help of people like you we will be able to give children who may not otherwise have been able to go on a hunting / fishing trip a chance to live anoutdoors adventure. Your potential generosity is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the Kids

Just to let everyone know, right now we have tentative plans to take 8 or 9 kids out turkey hunting this spring, statring with youth weekend. I have formed a Pro Staff consisting of 5 teams of 2 men each. These experienced hunter are donationg their time, efforts and equipment in order to take new to the sport hunters, kids, out on their first hunt and hopefully harvest a spring turkey. As I said earlier we do this with no compensation at all. It's all in a effort to get kids involved in the outdoor sports, hunting, fishing and shoothin firearms and archery. I can't thank the guys who have joined me in this effort enough for what they're doing. So if there's anyone else out there who can help us out with any kind of donations it would be greatly appreciated.

·
310 Posts
Camp Camo,
Please post pictures of all. With or without trophies.
Good hunting to all the kids and teams.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the Kids

Hoss,
Will do. We just took a young man, 11 years old, on his first Steel Head Trout fishing outing yesterday at Mill Creek in Ashtabula. He caught 2 real nice trout. I will get the pictures and figure out how to post them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts